cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eldiablo3k
Fanfold Paper
Views: 105
Message 11 of 13

Re: Problem with the admin user/password after a firmware update, push the reset button and then blo

So speedchess5, what is actually your problem:

1 - Unable to login to the NAS management console via the browser?

2 - Unable to access shares with SMB?

speedchess5
Paper Tape
Views: 49
Message 12 of 13

Re: Problem with the admin user/password after a firmware update, push the reset button and then blo

The primary issue is that the management is inaccessible. It keeps prompting for the creation of the admin account but does not allow it.

The second issue is that after some time has passed, it password protects the SMB share data. The previous firmware version had the shares without a password. After the firmware upgrade, I could still access the data vis SMB shares. It took a day or two before the entire contents were password protected hence stopping the access to the SMB shares.

My only option now is to 1) reset the security to allow SMB share access and then 2) copy the data off to another NAS. After that, 3) factory reset the unit and see if the issue returns. If not, I will stay at a lower firmware level.

Highlighted
eldiablo3k
Fanfold Paper
Views: 42
Message 13 of 13

ok, I asked because you previously had mentioned that "The device is pingable via the ip address but unreachable via \\ix2\sharename". This is a classic case of not having SMB1 enabled in windows.

If now the shared folders are password protected, and you don´t know the password, then yes I completely agree with your 3 steps approach.

In a perfect world, you wouldnt need to do step 3, as the password reset would open up the management console.

I suggest you make sure you´re pressing the reset button hard and long enough. Make 30 seconds instead of 15, just in case.

Best of luck and post if you need further suggestions (or incentive!)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors