05-30-2019

ES

1 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 3

can't access to Iomega MHNDHD

2019-05-30, 9:44 AM

I have changed my hard drive in my iomega desktop network storage. But I can't access to the device from a windows 10. I tried it with the last software, but I have installed in my windows 10 and can't see the device. Are there some new software for windows 10?

thanks in advanced

Options

2 Posts

11-05-2019

GB

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: can't access to Iomega MHNDHD

2019-11-05, 17:45 PM

I have a feeling that windows 10 is not very friendly to this NAS. I have been trying to upgrade myself to windows 10 and I have managed to mount my MHNDHD 1tb drive in windows 10 now but it is only seen as one drive even though when it ran under Vista there were 4 virtual drive partitions under the original software.  It appears that the original software disc is incompatible with Win 10 as it causes error messages when I try to install it and I can't find any updated software.  I went on the Lenovo website and I could not even find any NAS products now. This is very annoying as I can only see a limited number of files on the NAS now even though I know all my system back ups from the old Vista disc are stored there as well as ove 200 films which I can not see now.  I am about to reinstall the old vista disc in my laptop !!!!. 

I have to conclude that lenovo did not really like this product.  AND  BEFORE ANYBODY SAYS IT I know this drive is an oldie but mine is reliable since I chucked out the original HDD it had in it and got a much more reliable one. The original HDD had a suicide option built in if there was a short / intermittant power failure and that drive failed catastrophically.

Options

2 Posts

11-05-2019

GB

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: can't access to Iomega MHNDHD

2019-11-05, 17:52 PM

My first posting seems to have been deleted   Keeping it brief, I dont think the MHNDHD drive is easily compatible with win 10 although I have managed to get very limited access to a few of the files stored there.  All my data back ups are inacessible so I am going back to Vista.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save