USA

2 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 5

lphd-upc External Hard Drive by Iomega is unrecognized

2014-08-20, 18:04 PM

Dear fellow techs,

I have a situation. My hard drive is out of warrenty and all of the sudden it can not be recognized by "My Computer" or "Device Manager".   I'm using Win 7 like most of us on the PC format.  And you know I need this data asap.

Please advise. 

Options

547 Posts

06-23-2014

Orem Utah

411 Signins

5606 Page Views

• Views: 5606
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: lphd-upc External Hard Drive by Iomega is unrecognized

2014-08-20, 21:08 PM
If you have not yet done so, try another cable and port or computer. If the data is not backed up and you need access you can try getting the case open and use another USB enclosure or direct connect to a computer to see if it is the housing/connection is the issue. If it still does not mount then you will probably need to take it to a data recovery service.
Options

3 Posts

08-20-2014

USA

2 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 3 of 5

2014-08-20, 23:21 PM

Thank you for your response sir.  I have tried everything but an usb enclosure. Would I be able to access the files with that device? What are the odds? The power light is working. It wasn't moved, didn't drop or ever was mishandled.

I did get serveral error messages in the "EVENT VIEWER" such as:

1. An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk4\DR11 during a paging operation.

2. The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk4\DR10.

3. The Multimedia Class Scheduler service failed to start due to the following error:

4. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

5. An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk4\DR8 during a paging operation.

6. The device SGH-T599N (location Port_#0006.Hub_#0004) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

7. A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

The device, \Device\Harddisk2\DR2, has a bad block.

My guess is that the driver is down. Can you advise on where I can get drivers for this iphd-upc and perhaps re-install the drive so that it can be identified by the device manager again?

Please advise if possible thank you.

Options

547 Posts

06-23-2014

Orem Utah

411 Signins

5606 Page Views

• Views: 5606
  • Message 4 of 5

2014-08-21, 19:18 PM
Are you using USB or Firewire? Have you tried on another computer? If it is the controller board or port on the housing that has gone bad then putting it in another housing or direct connect should work. If that does not work then it is the drive and you will most likely need data recovery.

Or It could be a USB/Firewire driver issue with the controllers on the computer. We do not have special drivers for the hard drives. Windows and Mac should have them built in. Here is a link to the support pages for that and any downloads or info that we may have.

https://lenovo-na-en.custhelp.com/app/subproduct/p/3
Options

5639 Posts

06-27-2008

US

28512 Signins

1628647 Page Views

• Views: 1628647
  • Message 5 of 5

2015-03-13, 0:27 AM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete