Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Link App, Smart Home Essentials and Smart Frame
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

09-16-2017

United States of America

12 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 1 of 9

All smart plugs on original Lenovo Link App NOT working! "Fail to login" + all smart plugs missing

2021-11-25, 3:51 AM

I have a half dozen of the original Lenovo Smart Plugs (round ones) - and NONE are operating.  Not are they not working - they are missing from my app!  I get a "Fail to Login" message.  I recently bought the new Lenovo Smart Plugs (rectangular ones) - and - those are working just fine.  (I have to use the Lenovo Link Pro app for these.. which is a pain.. as I now have to maintain TWO different apps!).  I even tried to add a new  (round) smart plug - but the app won't allow it.  

This keeps happening over and over again.  NOTHING I do will fix it. Then.. magically.. at some undetermined date and time.. it will just start working.  This is unacceptable. 

I would really appreciate it - if a Lenovo rep would respond.  I'd LOVE to trade in my old round plugs for new ones - as the old ones just don't work reliably.. Anyone in Lenovo land who can make this happen?

Please help. 

Options

930 Posts

09-18-2012

Slovakia

1611 Signins

28658 Page Views

• Views: 28658
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:All smart plugs on original Lenovo Link App NOT working! "Fail to login" + all smart plugs missing

2021-11-25, 11:16 AM

Hi, I have requested help from developers, will update you as soon as we have an answer, thanks, Zuzana

Zuzana
Smart Home Community Lead

Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

Options

15 Posts

09-16-2017

United States of America

12 Signins

71 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

Re:All smart plugs on original Lenovo Link App NOT working! "Fail to login" + all smart plugs missing

2021-11-25, 18:40 PM

Thank you.  This needs some SERIOUS attention - as it apparently happens to many folks - on a regular basis - based on what I read in this thread.  IS there any trade in program for these older/non working (round) Smart Plugs?  I'm ready to toss them in the trash as they don't work reliably.  This is especially troubling given how much money I have spent with Lenovo over the years with laptops and other items.   

Options

930 Posts

09-18-2012

Slovakia

1611 Signins

28658 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2021-11-26, 12:42 PM

Hi, 

we are taking this problem into consideration and working on solution for our users

We checked the backend and recovered the cloud service issue. Please try again.

I have been informed, we are going to start a free replacement plan. I am now gathering all the official information, what models are eligible for replacement. Will inform you shortly.

thanks, Zuzana

Zuzana

Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!

Options

15 Posts

09-16-2017

United States of America

12 Signins

71 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2021-11-26, 18:03 PM

OK..    some good news and some bad news.. Most of my smart plugs are working again - one is still intermittent.  I have one smart plug that I can't get configured at all - I've tried all reset steps.. Per the instructions in the Lenovo Link app (not the pro app, again, this is a older/round smart plug) - I amable to CONNECT to the Lenovo SSID - but - I never get an indicator on my phone (i.e. the wifi signal) that the Lenovo wifi is working.  Then, when I take the next step in the Lenovo Link app, it always hangs at 35% progress and never completes.  I need to get this one unit replaced, and, quite frankly, based on the horrible instability of the other four units, I need to get those replaced as well.  How long do you think it will be before this replacement program comes out?  I have a total of 5 units - but could settle for four NEW (i.e.  rectangular- configured with the Lenovo Link Pro app) units.  I'm happy to send you back all five round units - they just don't work reliably enough to bother with.  Please advise as this is putting a serious stain on Lenovo's reputation for anything other than Laptops, of which I have many.. and they work well. 

Options

15 Posts

09-16-2017

United States of America

12 Signins

71 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2021-11-29, 15:19 PM

Zuzana, can you please reply to my last post with details on the replacement program?  I need to get moving on this as my round smart plugs, while now "working", are unreliable - and I still can't get unit #5 configured at all. Thank you.  Ralph

Options

15 Posts

09-16-2017

United States of America

12 Signins

71 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2021-12-01, 19:10 PM

Zuzana - or other Lenovo forum professional - can I please get a response?  Thank you. 

Options

930 Posts

09-18-2012

Slovakia

1611 Signins

28658 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2021-12-01, 19:22 PM

Hi Ralph, I am working on a best possible solution for your case, but in the meantime, the product team is preparing official workaround for all users. I will get back to you soon, stay with us. thanks, Zuzana

Zuzana

Options

15 Posts

09-16-2017

United States of America

12 Signins

71 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-12-01, 21:14 PM

Thank you.  I will await your next communication.   

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms