Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Link App, Smart Home Essentials and Smart Frame
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-31-2021

Canada

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Smart Frame - Android/IOS App not working - can't setup my Smart Frame

2021-05-31, 20:15 PM

Can someone help me with the Smart Frame?

I have it plugged in and ready to setup but when I launch the Android or IOS app, it won't let me login. It's an incredibly frustrating experience.

Everytime I login, I get a "Login expired. Please log in again." and it brings me back to the login screen. I can't login, and it won't let me setup the frame as a result. 

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Same result.

I tried to create a new account, with a new email, and it would log me in the first time around, but then when it comes time to setup the frame, it asks me for the WIFI network, where I put in the credentials. That's when the 2nd failure happens and I would get "Connected!" on the Smart Frame, I would get a "Device Registration Failed" on my mobile and the Frame goes back to the default setup screen.

Can someone help me? Otherwise, I'm putting this piece of junk back into its box and get a refund

Options

4175 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

325 Signins

20705 Page Views

• Views: 20705
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Lenovo Smart Frame - Android/IOS App not working - can't setup my Smart Frame

2021-06-08, 17:16 PM

Hello Jonick,

Greetings

Apologies for the delayed response.

You may try additional troubleshooting steps from the related post by one of the Administrator
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Link-App-Smart-Home-Essentials-and-Smart-Frame/Lenovo-Smart-Frame-Basic-Troubleshooting-and-FAQ/m-p/5025056

Additional advise:

For iPhone or IOS, you need to sign in using your Lenovo ID account.

For Android, you can sign into the app using either Facebook or Google account.
Try turning on the Bluetooth and Location as well.

Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

09-12-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:Lenovo Smart Frame - Android/IOS App not working - can't setup my Smart Frame

2021-09-12, 2:29 AM

I need help with this my app keeps saying time out or device registration failed. I’ve been trying for hours can I have some help

Options

1 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-09-13, 1:24 AM

I have to same problem. Very embarrassing for a high-end IT company 

Options

14 Posts

09-12-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-09-13, 17:46 PM

I just tried again this morning and the app is functional again. It definitely seemed to be related to a Lenovo server issue over the weekend. Can the app please be updated so we can update the frame content w/o needing to access Lenovo's servers?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms