Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Link App, Smart Home Essentials and Smart Frame
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

01-25-2019

United States of America

39 Signins

222 Page Views

• Views: 222
  • Message 21 of 51

Re:Lenovo link app cannot add smart plug

2020-11-20, 17:38 PM

Hi Ala, 

I appreciate it getting back to me. 

I am afraid I do not have iOS devices at all. Is there any other recommendation I could try please? 

Many thanks in advance

Options

10 Posts

10-31-2020

Australia

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 22 of 51

2020-11-22, 12:57 PM

I have the exact same problem, i have never been able to install the bulb or the plug tried all the same troubleshooting steps as you as well

does yours also seem to not go into "fast blinking" mode and insted give a red and blue flashing light? 

im ready to take these back and never consider lenovo again

Options

41 Posts

01-25-2019

United States of America

39 Signins

222 Page Views

• Message 23 of 51

2020-11-22, 14:02 PM

Please do not get confused with the color (red/blue). Here is what you need to know:

1. 1) When you insert the plug in an outlet it should blink fast. This is not the set up mode.
  2. 2) If you hold the power button for more than 5 seconds, after you release it, it should blink slowly. This is the set up mode. Please ignore the color and focus on the frequency of the flash.
  3. 3) After you've done step 2), if the plug is on, then it will flash red/blue. If the plug is off, them it will flash only blue. However, the color it flashes should have nothing to do with the setup mode. Only the frequency of the flash matters for the set up mode. 
  4. I hope you have better luck than me.
Options

10 Posts

10-31-2020

Australia

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 24 of 51

2020-11-23, 3:29 AM

yeah ive tried all that both modes with both set up options on the app (i always assumed the red/blue was fast mode) 

so far, ive probably done the exact steps you have said about 50+ times trying to get this set up, every other brand of smart plug and bulb i have tried has never had half as many problems as this (and ive tried most)

it always says "wifi not set up set" with no option to actually set it up or move on from that screen (tried on 3 different networks all 2.4mhz, different phones/tablets, literally had the plug plugged in next to the router so theres no distance issue 

Options

10 Posts

10-31-2020

Australia

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 25 of 51

2020-11-24, 13:30 PM

ive found a way to at least sometimes let me put in the wifi details (clearing cache and data and then giving permissions outside of the app) but it still wont get past 20% 

ready to return them both and know not to touch anything lenovo ever again

Options

5766 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1413 Signins

51064 Page Views

• Views: 51064
  • Message 26 of 51

2020-11-24, 13:50 PM

Hi!

I'm sorry this is taking so long. Our tech teams were able to reproduce the issue and are working on a solution. 

In a meanwhile, they suggest trying using phones with an older Android version (for example Android 9) for pairing. 

Please, let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!
Szukasz informacji o produktach Lenovo?

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
Lenovo ürünleri hakkında bilgi mi arıyorsunuz?
_

Options

41 Posts

01-25-2019

United States of America

39 Signins

222 Page Views

• Message 27 of 51

2020-11-25, 19:19 PM

Hi Ala, Thank you so much for the update. It is great that you have managed to reproduce the issue we are having. Looking forward to a resolution. Just FYI, I was able to set up the smart plugs with Android 10. My phone is now using Android 11, but unfortunately I cannot confirm whether I have successfully done the set up steps with Android 11 before, because I am not certain when my phone upgraded to Android 11. 

As a general thought, Lenovo technical support and customer service support needs to be improved. For example, Lenovo online chat does not work - I have numerous times tried to connect and I am waiting for hours being the next person in line before the chat is closed by Lenovo. Speaking on the phone can take a very long time without resolutions - I have previously spent hours on the phone for several issues. For this issue in particular I spoke with someone from technical support who told me to do the basic troubleshooting you have on your webpage. Of course I had followed these steps prior to calling the technical support team, but the person I spoke with insisted that I should do them again, and when they realized that these steps do not work they told me to email lenovo_pop@suth.com to send me a replacement for the smart plugs as the issue was apparently the smart plugs. I emailed lenovo_pop@suth.com a couple of weeks ago, and I have received absolutely no reply back. 

Given the bad technical support and customer service support experience that Lenovo customers have, you are the only person that has assisted with following up my requests, so thank you for being persistent. 

Options

5766 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1413 Signins

51064 Page Views

• Views: 51064
  • Message 28 of 51

2020-11-26, 10:56 AM

Hi @Sot2 ,

I'm happy to hear you were eventually able to set up the smart plugs eventually :) I hope that the root cause of this problem can be eliminated soon as well.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our support. I'm sorry that you had to go through all these troubles. This was a specific issue that required getting in touch with the product team and that's why solving it through live chat or phone would be very hard...

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!
Szukasz informacji o produktach Lenovo?

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
Lenovo ürünleri hakkında bilgi mi arıyorsunuz?
_

Options

41 Posts

01-25-2019

United States of America

39 Signins

222 Page Views

• Message 29 of 51

2020-11-26, 22:36 PM

Sorry, I never said that I managed to resolve the issue. Could you please let me know when it is fixed from your end so that I will try again?

Options

10 Posts

10-31-2020

Australia

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 30 of 51

2020-11-26, 23:15 PM

nobody has resolved this issue and solving it through live chat or phone is impossible if you are in Australia since there seems to be absolutely no tech support for smart devices, and the model/serial numbers dont even come up

still waiting for an actual fix to this issue, any idea how long it will be until they patch this bug?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms