Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rbbrdcky
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,291
Message 1 of 13

Smart Plug constantly goes offline

I am having an issue where my smart plug keeps going offline. If I unplug and plug back in to the wall, everything works fine for awhike. But if I leave and come back in a few hours, it goes offline again. It's as if there is a sleep timer for the network connection. Any suggestions?

Guru
Views: 1,193
Message 2 of 13

Re: Smart Plug constantly goes offline

Hi Rbbrdcky, welcome to the forum

Can you post back the firmware version of the SmartPlug ?. Go to the "Lenovo Link" app, select the "Lenovo Plug" , at the top right tap the "three points menu". Select "Check for Updates" and check which is the "current version". If there is an update select "Update".

Let the device update and check again if you have your constant offline.

My other guess will be to try the smartplug near the router for a while and check if the same happens. Other guess will be to try it on a different network/router for a while.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Rbbrdcky
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,178
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for the reply. The software version was 3.1.5 but I checked for an update and updated it to 3.1.6 but the problem remains. My ISP is Google Fiber with the Fiber modem connected to a Google Wifi router. And, again, if I unplug the smart plug and plug it back in, it works perfectly until I haven't used it in hour or so then the only way to reconnect to it is to unplug it.
Rbbrdcky
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,144
Message 4 of 13

Update: it turns out that even though I updated the plug through the app, it isn't officially installed until you factory reset it. Now that I've done that and connected the plug again, I've had no further issues.

Sot2
Paper Tape
Views: 785
Message 5 of 13

Hi there, 

I have the same issue. I selected to update from 3.1.2 to 3.1.6, but I am getting the error: ''Firmware update failed. Please try again later'. I factory reset, but when I set it up through the Lenovo Link app, I am getting that the version is 3.1.2. I try to update again and I am getting the same error: '''Firmware update failed. Please try again later''. Could you kindly explicitly state the steps you took to update to 3.1.6?

Rbbrdcky
Blue Screen Again
Views: 775
Message 6 of 13

I remember running the update several times thinking that it wasn't working. But then when I factory reset it, it already had the new firmware on there .

Sot2
Paper Tape
Views: 740
Message 7 of 13

I see. Thank you so much for your reply. Did you factory reset by holding the power button for 4 seconds and the set it up through the Lenovo Link app? 

Rbbrdcky
Blue Screen Again
Views: 730
Message 8 of 13

Correct.

Highlighted
Sot2
Paper Tape
Views: 722
Message 9 of 13

Thank you for confirming. Can someone from Lenovo technical team assist please? I followed the same steps, I even removed the plug from the Lenovo link app, and then set it up again, but I am always getting the same error that the plug cannot update the firmware and to try again later. 

AlphaOneOne
What's DOS?
Views: 220
Message 10 of 13

Hi there

I have the same issue, did several factory resets and i still can update my 2 plugs. Both tend to go offline after a few days.

Any ideas?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals