Options

3944 Posts

01-05-2008

DE

22071 Signins

316970 Page Views

• Views: 316970
  • Message 1 of 1

Moto Mod Special @ #MWC17 - Hasselblad TrueZoom, JBL Speakers and more mods..

2017-03-05, 15:44 PM

Disclosure: Lenovo invited me as a guest at the Mobile World Congress as part of the Lenovo INsiders program and did not provide additional compensation. All opinions are my own.

Hi there,

during my stay at the Mobile World Congress 2017 I have taken some photos from the Moto mods in combination with the Moto Z series. While using it some questions raised in my head, which I can answer now and perhaps are relevant if you plan a purchase.

The question which comcerns me most was, If I buy an expensive Moto Mod this year, will it work on a phone I buy next year? So the answer is: Moto Mods are multi-generational and will work with future Moto Mods compatible smartphones. Note: Moto Z mods are sometimes market as modular accessories or snap-on attachements, too.

The most stunning mod I found was the Hasselblad TrueZoom mod. Here´s a picture from us, while taking photos with Moto Z and Hasselblad True Zoom mod, during our photo contest in the ancient streets of Barcelona. #differentzoomsbetter

You´ll get a 10x optical zoom, Xenon flash for 299$ and  I really like the real imaging experience with enhanced control. So it is easier to handle it and it feels like you are using a real camera.

Picture from the Hasselblad TrueZoom stand at the Congress

but there a few more interesting mods:

For example the Insta-Share Projector which starts at 79.99 $ and project up to 70", and instantly turn any flat surface into a 70" big screen. It is easy to take the ultra-thin projector anywhere and it fits in nearly in every pocket.

You can use the integrated kickstand to project at any angle and onto just about any flat surface. #differentprojectsbetter

or the JBL Sound boost mod. It works like a boom box for your pocket. It starts at 299$.

You can use the JBL SoundBoost speaker to amplify the audio on phone calls. The internal phone mics will still be used for the phone call. #differentrocksbetter

or the Kate Spade Power pack which provides 22 extra hours of battery life.

Some questions and answers:

How they do attach?

Moto Mods magnetically attach to Moto Z smartphones to turn your phone into a movie projector, boombox, battery powerhouse, and more. 

The Moto Mods connector on the back of Moto Z phones provides a high speed connection, enabling the phone and Moto Mod to communicate with each other.

Moto Mods are "hot-swappable," which means they can be attached or detached while the phone is powered on. Moto Mods are quick and easy to snap on and off throughout the day.

Best

Andreas

P.S.: check out more mods on Motorola website: https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-mods

Learn more about Moto Mods and purchase them at www.motomods.com or visit participating retailers.

Questions and Answers Lenovo Customer help: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/107524/p/30,6720,9834#General_info

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save