Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special EventsLenovo @ MWC 2021
All Forum Topics
Options

1492 Posts

08-03-2011

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

12084 Signins

310419 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 310419
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Tab M8 (3rd Gen)

2021-06-28, 4:00 AM
  • Revitalized to be everyone’s go-to personal device, this all-metal 3rd gen tablet raises the game for multimedia entertainment with new Entertainment Space from Google and a stunning 8-inch TDDI IPS display; also features two-sided narrow borders, upgraded octa-core processor, and a solid battery life of up to 15 hours.
  • For a Hybrid Lifestyle: Take advantage of Google Assistant’s Ambient Mode and do more hands-free with voice control by transforming your tablet into a smart home hub by opting for the Smart Charging Station (on select models).
  • This tablet comes with dual mics, dual front-facing speakers and Dolby Atmos for a better at-home audio experience.

Lenovo Tab M8 (3rd Gen) Key Specs

Processor

MediaTek Helio P22T (4 x 2.3GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz)

Speakers + Audio

Model with the Smart Charging Station: dual mics, Dolby Atmos + dual front-facing speakers

Model without: one mic, Dolby Atmos + front-facing speaker

Display

8-inch IPS HD (1280 x 800) TDDI LCD screen, 350 nits of brightness

Nano SIM Card

For LTE model only

Camera

Rear 5MP auto-focus; Front 2MP fixed-focus

Colors

Tablet only: Iron Grey and Platinum; Tablet with Smart Charging Station: Iron Grey

Software

Comes with Google Kids Space and Google Entertainment Space

Datasheet for the Wired Charging version at the end of this post.

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

1492 Posts

08-03-2011

12084 Signins

310419 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Lenovo Tab M8 (3rd Gen) with Smart Charging Station

2021-06-28, 4:02 AM

Datasheet at the end of this post.

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Options

22 Posts

08-30-2011

Canada

38 Signins

199 Page Views

• Views: 199
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Lenovo Tab M8 (3rd Gen)

2021-07-01, 2:01 AM

As a current Tab 4 Plus 8 owner since 2018, and looking to add another similar tablet, I am very disappointed by this announcement.

I have refrained from buying the current Tab M8 FHD, as it is still on Android 9 and has the outdated Micro-USB connector.

Now comes the M8 3rd gen, with seemingly no FHD model in sight and downgraded camera specs.

Even worse, Lenovo’s press release mentions that it will not be available in North America :

https://news.lenovo.com/pressroom/press-releases/sleek-tablets-smart-clock-streamline-your-connected-home-mwc/

Not everyone is interested in smart devices and large tablets with detachable keyboards.

For me, 8 inches is the right compromise between legibility and portability, as well as the perfect size for reading e-books.

Is Lenovo planning a follow-up 8 inch FHD model for this 3rd gen? What happens to new 8 inch tablets for North America?

Options

1492 Posts

08-03-2011

12084 Signins

310419 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

Re:Lenovo Tab M8 (3rd Gen)

2021-07-01, 14:14 PM

@ BernardP wrote:

Is Lenovo planning a follow-up 8 inch FHD model for this 3rd gen? What happens to new 8 inch tablets for North America?

Hi Bernard

I am afraid I have no info about that. I hope your region will though, and soon. Take care.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms