United Kingdom

10 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 5

95 percent of websites won't open ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

2015-04-23, 10:24 AM

Hello possible life saver,

I purchased a new Lenovo Z50-70 computer yesterday and installed chrome and AVG and every website was working fine.
The next day I went on facebook and youtube as normal, then I followed a typical facebook news feed link but it didn't load and said that the website might be temporarily down or moved to a new permanent address with the error message ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED. I thought it might be just that one link but everything else i tried to go on failed as well with the above error message.
I learnt about Superfish shortly after and unistalled it using the ad or remove programs, I went into certificates to remove anything superfishcious but couldn't see anything.

I've done full scans on both mcaffee and AVG with nothing found. I tried getting malwarebytes as well (as a precaution) but the bloody website won't open now either (the possible irony).
I've reinstalled chrome, checked for odd extensions, reset the settings and still most websites won't work.
I even brought myself to actually use IE (feel so dirty now) but that's actually having the same thing happen which might be normal for IE anyway ;) . I don't care for using IE so for me it's basically an issue that I'd like to resolve for chrome.

The only websites I have reached succesfully now are facebook youtube and google (Haven't tried other social media websites so they may or may not work). Google however has become practically useless as every link has the above error.

(I am using wifi not cable)

If anyone has had this issue and got through it please bless me with your superior knowledge.

Much love.
Typical Internet User
Solved! See the solution
Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: 95 percent of websites won't open ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

2015-04-23, 19:01 PM

hi Madoaks94,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Have you tried flushing the DNS

1. On your local machine, open a command prompt.
  2. Within the prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns.

Restart the computer and try

Also Try Performing a Cycle on the Router and or MODEM and Computer

Power OFF your computer

Power OFF Modem and Router

Turn the MODEM First then the Router after 3 mins. the Turn the computer ON after another 3 mins and TRY

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-23-2015

United Kingdom

10 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 3 of 5

2015-04-24, 8:55 AM

Hi Solid_Cruver,

Thanks for your repsonse, I did something else before seeing your response which might have been a temporary fix, I'll find out tonight I guess.

I opened in safe mode and under pc settings did system recovery, after waiting a while for everything to refresh and restarting the computer all was working fine, I quickly removed superfish again, this time through the lenovo's site tool (rather than add/remove programs) which was now accesible after refresh and installed malwarebytes. After doing a full scan it found 4 potentially unwanted programs (something something discovery) which I removed just in case.

I was using chrome again til late last night without issue so hopefully nothing changes whilst I'm not using it which seems to have been the case yesterday.

I'll be back in touch should things go haywire again but otherwise the above can be taken as a solution for browser issues on a brand new Lenovo  Z50-70.

Kind Regards

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1320 Posts

08-03-2011

GB

11865 Signins

300129 Page Views

• Views: 300129
  • Message 4 of 5

2015-04-29, 8:56 AM

Hi Madoaks

Great share there. Thanks for letting us know what you did step-by-step. 

Cheerios!

Serene

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

1 Posts

05-06-2017

EG

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-05-06, 6:56 AM

I have problem when i open some websites won't load .although my wirless connection is good like the attachment

Please hep me

Thanks 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms