Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-07-2010

Ahmedabad, India.

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 3

Auto Restart Y510 - Power

2010-07-07, 17:22 PM

I have an 18 month old lenovo y510. Its running smooth with windows vista that came along with it . The only and a worrisome problem is that it restarts automatically when lying idle and mainly when the charger is plugged in. I noticed a number of times that as soon as the screen dims due to power management settings, the computer restarts as if its power was disrupted.

Does any one has similar experience? or an idea what the problem is? how to deal with it?

my laptop gets excessively heated... compared to other laptops i have seen and used. sometimes so much that hand can burn to touch it....

Answer
Options

3 Posts

07-07-2010

Ahmedabad, India.

4 Signins

23 Page Views

Re: Auto Restart Y510 - Power

2010-07-14, 9:03 AM

Thanks. I just got my laptop opened up and dusted at a service center. Still it had the same problem.

But it is solved now. In the windows update software that comes with vista, it had in queue, a lenovo power management driver update which i installed. And it solved the problem.

Thanks for the reply though... Will clean the vent system regularly - its pretty dusty here in India.

Replies(2)
Options

1043 Posts

07-14-2010

Canada

3946 Signins

17523 Page Views

• Views: 17523
  • Message 2 of 3

2010-07-14, 6:03 AM

Usually PCs automatically shut off at a certain temperature threshold. If you don't flush out the vent system every 6 months at most, it can get extremely hot.

If you want to see the temperature of the CPU, check out this utility, should work:

SpeedFan

I used to see PCs that idle'd at 85 celcius, with the shutoff temperature being 90 celcius. If you find it idling warmer than 50 celcius, then you should definitely buy some Dust Off or similar product and blow out the vents.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Answer
Options

3 Posts

07-07-2010

Ahmedabad, India.

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2010-07-14, 9:03 AM

Thanks. I just got my laptop opened up and dusted at a service center. Still it had the same problem.

But it is solved now. In the windows update software that comes with vista, it had in queue, a lenovo power management driver update which i installed. And it solved the problem.

Thanks for the reply though... Will clean the vent system regularly - its pretty dusty here in India.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms