Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

334 Posts

08-28-2013

United States of America

631 Signins

5803 Page Views

• Views: 5803
  • Message 81 of 137

Re: A DIY Project: Creating a bootable OKR 8 Recovery USB Flash Drive

2015-01-10, 13:00 PM

wrote:

The iso given in the link only provides the files to run OKR using the NOVO button plus the creation of all necessary partitions. It does not include the OS. So if you want the OS to be included you need to follow my guide. It should put everything in the condition when you first receive your unit with the option to choose the size of C and D drive. Instead of 16 GB use 32 GB flash drive.

I have used what you stated but since I do not have the original PRV folders just the onekey backup that was made I have edited the create.ini files in the marked places on the iso in the usb stick and when it runis i get the installer and it says its all fine and done, but when I try to go into the system recovery option with the nova button it just goes straight to a lan boot. Any thoughts, do i need to replace some files on the stick with my own from the backup? The backup has nothing but wbi, oki, and the default okd.

I own a Y510p SLI (retired), Yoga 2 Pro, X220T, P50 4K (sold), X1C5
Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 82 of 137

2015-01-10, 13:28 PM

Which one have you decided to follow? The Pendrive project that includes the OS or you just use the iso from the link (does not include the os) and want to restore your OKR backup? If the answer is the second then go back to an earlier guide (message 29 - Z500 Touch Hdd Replacement Guide with OKR 8.0 Functionality Revsion 2.2 )which gives you the steps to follow just using the iso from the link.

Options

334 Posts

08-28-2013

United States of America

631 Signins

5803 Page Views

• Message 83 of 137

2015-01-10, 13:33 PM

wrote:

Which one have you decided to follow? The Pendrive project that includes the OS or you just use the iso from the link (does not include the os) and want to restore your OKR backup? If the answer is the second then go back to an earlier guide which gives you the steps to follow just using the iso from the link. I'll edit this later to get the exact location of the guide.

I have tried both, using the one from plus.evozi (no os), and the one you said on post#64 both install fine and it says its all good but the nova button does not seem to do anything afterwards. I can post pictures of how my laptop goes through the process if that helps.

Thanks so much for your time btw.

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Message 84 of 137

2015-01-10, 13:42 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Which one have you decided to follow? The Pendrive project that includes the OS or you just use the iso from the link (does not include the os) and want to restore your OKR backup? If the answer is the second then go back to an earlier guide which gives you the steps to follow just using the iso from the link. I'll edit this later to get the exact location of the guide.

I have tried both, using the one from plus.evozi (no os), and the one you said on post#64 both install fine and it says its all good but the nova button does not seem to do anything afterwards. I can post pictures of how my laptop goes through the process if that helps.

Since you don't have the original PBR_DRV & LRS_DRV files then the pendrive project simply creates the partitions and the NOVO iniitated OKR program just like from the evozi link. So you need to use message 29 - Z500 Touch Hdd Replacement Guide with OKR 8.0 Functionality Revsion 2.2 only.

Options

334 Posts

08-28-2013

United States of America

631 Signins

5803 Page Views

• Message 85 of 137

2015-01-10, 14:05 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Since you don't have the original PBR_DRV & LRS_DRV files then the pendrive project simply creates the partitions and the NOVO iniitated OKR program just like from the evozi link. So you need to use message 29 - Z500 Touch Hdd Replacement Guide with OKR 8.0 Functionality Revsion 2.2 only.

Thanks so much, the issue was found by just reading that guide what I thought might have been an issue was an issue. It was installing to the 24GB ssd for express cache and not the HDD, removed the ssd from the laptop and it installed to the correct place now I just have to do it again since I forgot to change the okr language to english.

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Message 86 of 137

2015-01-10, 14:27 PM

That's what I was thinking. You have a different problem.

Options

334 Posts

08-28-2013

United States of America

631 Signins

5803 Page Views

• Message 87 of 137

2015-01-10, 14:31 PM

wrote:

Correct It was installing the software to the ssd and not the main hdd, removed the ssd and it went fine and I am now restoring my os from the external drive.

Thanks for all your time.

Malcolm

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Message 88 of 137

2015-01-10, 14:37 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Correct It was installing the software to the ssd and not the main hdd, removed the ssd and it went fine and I am now restoring my os from the external drive.

Thanks for all your time.

Malcolm

To be specific your problem has suddenly shifted to reinstalling or re-establishing the ssd cache which is not touch in this thread. So what happen to the original quest "My question is I have the wbi file's and onekey folder it made (basicaly my factory backup) on a external drive and am wondering how i get my fresh hdd to have the one key software on it so that i can use my nova button to have onekey fire up and find my ext and factory restore the laptop? The most I need out of the install is the oem edition and windows key since I dont have a 8 key at the moment or else I would just isntall fresh and go get the drivers my self. So where do I get the media for the 8 onekey installer?"

Options

1 Posts

01-15-2015

Singapore

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 89 of 137

Re: Backing up Z500 Touch Hdd

2015-01-16, 15:42 PM

HI,

I Have Z500 non touch..... i have few queries

1. can anyone list the names of files which are getting created in OKR backup process and where.

2. if i have 20GB hidden partition intact but broken OKR can i still somehoe use it.

Its a guess but i think i did the backup and it stored the backup by default in hidden partition. just a guess. if i didnt can i still somehow use the hidden partition to restore to factory settings.

i have already copied the data from there. Also i have downloaded the OKR file (700 mb)

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Message 90 of 137

Re: Backing up Z500 Touch Hdd

2015-01-16, 18:05 PM

wrote:

HI,

I Have Z500 non touch..... i have few queries

1. can anyone list the names of files which are getting created in OKR backup process and where.

2. if i have 20GB hidden partition intact but broken OKR can i still somehoe use it.

Its a guess but i think i did the backup and it stored the backup by default in hidden partition. just a guess. if i didnt can i still somehow use the hidden partition to restore to factory settings.

i have already copied the data from there. Also i have downloaded the OKR file (700 mb)

If you go to this link(HDD Replacement Guide with OKR 8.0 Functionality Revision 2.2) and read "Preliminary Steps/Preparation B-I-1-9" you can find the steps on how to access the files created by OKR when you do the backup. The total size will depend as to when you did the backup. I call this set of files as the OKR user image file in contrast to the factory image file. The factory image file is different from the user image file. Yes you are right it is located in a hidden partition.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms