11-16-2012

USA

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 3

Brand new battery--DEAD WITHIN A MONTH.

2012-11-16, 21:55 PM

I am EXTREMELY upset. I purchased a BRAND NEW Lenovo Ideapad Z370 in February, from their website, and in June I got a warning message that surprised me.

"Consider replacing your battery."

With a big fat red X over my battery symbol. I called customer service and they said "Don't worry, it's too new for the battery to die. That's just a mistake!" and ended our conversation.

In September I turned my laptop on one day and it wouldn't turn on unless it was plugged it. I thought it was just dead, until I realized that it was charging at all. I didn't think I could be right, so I went about my business, and in the process of standing up, accidentally knocked out the power cord. My screen went black.

There is NO reason for a brand new laptop with a brand new battery to die like that after just a few months. I have it on all of the factory settings, have a firewall and zero viruses, and have it on the Lenovo Energy saver. So why did this happen? 

I called back and they said that they didn't know what had happened, and that they would send me a new one, which is all good and well-- it is under warranty after all. I got my new battery the first week of October and I was very happy to have it and not be attached to the wall anymore. You see, I am a college student, and I also work from home doing computer work for a real estate company, so my computer is a large part of my life.

The third week of having my new battery I got THE SAME EXACT MESSAGE!! This is an even NEWER battery, and there's NO way I could have done anything in THREE WEEKS OF HAVING IT IN MY POSSESSION!!.

I just called Lenovo, and the customer service representative tried to tell me that it was MY FAULT that this was happening. I am a very careful person. I don't leave it charging twenty four hours a day, I scan my computer for any potential problems daily, and most of the work I do is on Microsoft Word or Excel, not online. I am DISGUSTED that I have to deal with this issue again, BARELY a month after I just fixed it. I am ESPECIALLY disgusted that some guy sitting in a cubicle in god knows where is blaming ME for it.

He said my only other option was to send it in, but after reading multiple stories on this site, I can't be without a computer for a month or more. That's how I make money to pay for college, and how I do my work for the same college.

I want to know HOW something like this happens. These batteries are supposed to last for three years. I know they don't last forever, but I do expect them to last MORE THAN A MONTH. Has anyone else had this problem? I have to know that I'm not alone in my frustration.

Options

5563 Posts

06-27-2008

US

28479 Signins

1627142 Page Views

• Views: 1627142
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Brand new battery--DEAD WITHIN A MONTH.

2012-11-16, 22:01 PM

Good day.

Wekcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of your battery troubles.

Generally speaking, how deeply do you run your battery down before recharging? Li-ion batteries don't like being routinely deeply discharged. Mine are set to start recharging at 20% remaining.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

2 Posts

11-16-2012

USA

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Brand new battery--DEAD WITHIN A MONTH.

2012-11-16, 22:09 PM

I usually run it until it's at thirty to twenty-five percent, so I don't get these kinds of problems. Unfortunately, I do anyways.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete