Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

01-28-2014

Bulgaria

137 Signins

1150 Page Views

• Views: 1150
  • Message 1 of 2

Bug report: Energy Manager causes slow performance...

2014-08-16, 14:30 PM

Very slow Windows Startup..

Energy Manager's plans and the problem occured using any plan as I remember, and it wasn't an issue with the maximum processor state. I had heavy disk usage, especially access to the Page File, which is what the person in the second link I posted also described. CPU usage was low. The disk usage was seemingly not related to Energy Manager (Chrome was usually the worst), but removing Energy Manager completely resolved the problem. If you would find it helpful. I'm quite confident that even with Maximum Processor state at %100, CPU usage was low when it was slow, and that disk access was the culprit.

previously have use 1.0.0.31 or 32 not sure.

Windows 8.1

Im using Lenovo Energy Management Driver

Options

1 Posts

04-18-2015

Australia

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Bug report: Energy Manager causes slow performance...

2015-04-18, 11:14 AM

I actually have the same problem.  Sorry to work on a old thread, but...

I've got my Lenovo B50-70 less than 1 month ago, and had switched it to SSD and had set everything up and is working perfectly.  However there are a bunch of lenovo programs that came pre-installed.  This computer is used mainly for work and I really don't like programs that suddenly pop-up and ask you to do stuff, as it is quite distracting, and with Lenovo Energy Manager being one of them so I removed it.  (I did do some research before I remove...)

Everything was fine, until when I try to switch on my wifi (I usually have it off, as I use LAN most of the time)...  For the B50-70 there is a airplane button on F7, which allow the user to switch wifi and bluetooth on/off.  That button was unresponsive...  After some digging it is actually related to the power energy manager being removed.  So I've downloaded the latest version from Lenovo and it was working again...

However though, whenever I start my computer it is taking so long to start...  And I tried uninstalling the power energy manager and it solved the problem...  And I am stuck with either having no wifi on/off ability or a really slow boot, which loses the whole purpose of the SSD.  After you enter your username and password it originally takes around 5~10 seconds to login, now it takes over 1 minute.

I have found this other link, which says Lenovo Power Manager having the same problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Bug-report-Power-Manager-causes-slow-performance-after-resuming/td-p/1326525

There is a solution, which you can change the registry to switch a function off.  I've tried it and it didn't work, which is not surprising as it's a different program..  But I am hoping that Lenovo can provide a similar solution for Lenovo Energy Manager...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms