Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

01-20-2009

istanbul

7 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 1 of 6

Disappointed about lenovo

2009-01-20, 7:18 AM

Hello Im from istanbul / Turkey

2008 october i bought a laptop which is Lenovo 300 Y410 in manila philippines...I was so happy that i got that computer...Because here in my country we do not have that model..Well everything was very good untill january 2009..

While i was using msn on the laptop it shut down by itself and never open again.

Soon i contact with services here in istanbul but none of them helped me really...What they said is I have to contact with lenovo turkey...So i did what they told me...I mailed lenovo turkey but no one response me...2 days later i called them and let them know that i mailed them..The lady on phone said they will mail me back as soon as possible..And another 2 days later finally i receive an e-mail from lenovo turkey..Their answer was ' We are sorry but we do not support this model here '

How nice isnt it ? Lenovo is a giant company and they cannot support Y410 series in Turkey....They dont even give me a small advise that where can i repair my pc...

And 15th January i deciced to mail Lenovo Hong Kong because Lenovo is a chinese company isnt it ?

Same way i explained my problem to them (that i told them lenovo turkey doesnt help me) . . Finally today 20th januray i receive an e-mail from lenovo china...

This is their answer

' Dear Yakup Thank you for contacting Lenovo HK.
 We only cover HK region. For your enquiry , we sugeest you to contact our local office in Turkey for further information '

So what will i do ? anyone have a idea ?this is like a comedy movie :):) Now i have my lenovo y410 and not working. . . So when i go manila again i hope i will give it back and get my money...So i will buy another brand....

So from now i will share this experience in everypage on internet....Everybody should know Lenovo have no customer service....Everbody should think 100 times before buying lenovo... 

Thank you Lenovo for disappoint me......

(im sorry for bad english :( )

Message Edited by yakup84 on 01-19-2009 11:44 PM
Answer
Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194

Re: Disappointed about lenovo

2009-01-20, 11:52 AM

Not every Lenovo laptop is supported in every country, so not all parts for every Lenovo laptops are carried in every country, this is no different with every other company. Headquarter of Lenovo is in Beijing and not in Hong Kong. Also you bought your laptop in Manilia, why didn't you email Lenovo in Manila???

You should seek warranty advice from the country you bought your laptop. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Replies(5)
Answer
Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

2009-01-20, 11:52 AM

Not every Lenovo laptop is supported in every country, so not all parts for every Lenovo laptops are carried in every country, this is no different with every other company. Headquarter of Lenovo is in Beijing and not in Hong Kong. Also you bought your laptop in Manilia, why didn't you email Lenovo in Manila???

You should seek warranty advice from the country you bought your laptop. 

Regards,

Jin Li

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

8 Posts

01-20-2009

istanbul

7 Signins

92 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2009-01-20, 18:40 PM

dude the problem is actually they do not care about you after they sold their goods...And this laptop have wordwide warranty....and even if i bought it in africa they should fix it anywhere in the world....

As i said they answer my mail 2 days later....in that 2 days i called them few times and tell them please response me...so dont defend  this company....I really wonder if you had same problem what you would do ?

I e-mail to lenovo hong kong because i couldnt find lenovo china contact mail because all the page is in chinese....and as you know lenovo is a company from china....

Options

183 Posts

08-02-2008

Papua New Guinea

169 Signins

2424 Page Views

• Views: 2424
  • Message 4 of 6

2009-01-20, 21:48 PM

Welcome to the forum yakup84.

I have y410 as well.  There are many reasons why laptops just shut down by, either because of hardware failure like the cpu fan stopped working(due to dust carpet fibers etc.) , memory(RAM) failure, bad power/adapter connection, amongst other reasons or software conflicts or due to viruses messing up with your system.

If it is a software issue, you could try the NOVO key which would restore Y410 to the state like when you bought it the first time.  However this solution will delete all your installed softwares(but you can re-install later) and saved files on C drive. The D(Lenovo) drive will not be altered. If it is all right with you to lose your saved data on C drive, try the NOVO key to restore your system.  The instruction or guideline regarding the NOVO key came with the laptop.

If that does not work, then it could be hardware issue.  You can ask a friend who is good on computer hardware to look at your computer or take it to the authorized Lenovo service center.

Hope these help.

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2009-01-20, 23:50 PM

Depending on the person whom you contacted, they may or may not direct you to the right places, i am not sure regarding the contents of the email you sent them, but if you stated to Lenovo Hong Kong that you bought the laptop in Manila while you are living in Istanbul in Turkey, and also already seeked advice from them, i will doubt that they will direct you back to Istanbul. 

Secondily, are you sure the Lenovo 3000 laptops have worlwide warranty, i thought the worldwide warranty only applies to ideapad and Thinkpad, even those machine are not covered in all countries around the world, they are model specific regarding to which laptops are covered in which countries.

I am not defending anyone, so lets set the record straight.

You should contact Lenovo in Manila, since you bought the laptop there. 

Regards,

Jin Li

Options

8 Posts

01-20-2009

istanbul

7 Signins

92 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2009-01-21, 3:54 AM

Dear friends thank you for helps and advices . . .

First i want to give you a good news . . . Today i just tried to turn on laptop and its magicly worked....I really dont know how...

This was very interesting...Because this laptop (when it was out of order) whenever i turn it on all i seen was a grey screen...not even a blackscreen...I have been using computer more than 10 years but i just seen that error...only grey screen...

I really dont know what happened but is working very fine right now...

And i want you guys know that im just sad nobody really helped me....and where i bought this computer the guy told me this lenovo has worlwide warranty...i have warranty paper and invoice....that was one of the reason i choose lenovo...

also finally today i got a serious response from lenovo hk . .

this is their message

Thank you for contacting Lenovo Hong Kong.

We are sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience.  According to our Terms & Condition
sof The Lenovo IdeaPad Limited International Warranty Service (http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/htmls/1221210303937.html), this warranty service is available wherever the particular machine type is sold or service in the country. Since Y410 is not sold and serviced in Turkey, we will be more than happy to provide repair service to your machine in countries that have such model. To determine a machine's IWS eligibility, please refer to the following URL (http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/htmls/1224829168614.html).

Should you have any further questions, please do not feel hesitate to contact Ms Maggie Luk of our Customer Relations Centre at (852) 2516 3913.

Im very happy to receive an information like this....Here in istanbul when i called lenovo turkey they give me another number when i call that number they give me another ' another too etc... I was really sick of it....

I hope nobody will have an experience like i had . . .  By the way if anyone else have Y410 please contact me . . I have all XP drivers etc...So whenever we have problems I hope we can help eachother...

anyway all ok now . . . thanks god  :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms