09-14-2008

Saint-Petersburg

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 181 of 590

Re: Disk Partioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

2008-09-14, 23:24 PM

I try install OneKey Recovery on my IBM/lenovo X61s and got message "Installation available only on Lenovo system" :-(

Can anybody tell me why? X61s is not Lenovo system? But why I see each day Lenovo logo in the bottom of my display and on startup screen?

P.S. Please not recommend me Rescue and Recovery, on my X61s does not work Create Recover Media.

Options

3965 Posts

11-20-2007

US

23520 Signins

803285 Page Views

• Views: 803285
  • Message 182 of 590

2008-09-14, 23:31 PM

Igor_ab wrote:

I try install OneKey Recovery on my IBM/lenovo X61s and got message "Installation available only on Lenovo system" :-(

Can anybody tell me why?

OneKey Recovery was designed to restore the factory preload for the ideaPad and 3000 series and not for ThinkPads.  Even if you got around the error message and got it installed, it wouldn't have the drivers and software you need for the ThinkPad.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

2 Posts

09-14-2008

Saint-Petersburg

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 183 of 590

2008-09-14, 23:55 PM

to nonny

Thanks for quick reply.

But I installed OneKey Recover on X61s, only some change ini-files ;-) Tomorrow I will try create recover media, and inform about my results additionally.

Options

7 Posts

08-08-2008

United States

10 Signins

132 Page Views

• Views: 132
  • Message 184 of 590

2008-09-15, 0:26 AM

I had experience with Gateway having a top of the line computer with a hardware error that you could not connect printers to it.  They issued a fix you could download and run and that was it.  Why doesn't Lenovo do the same for the Ideapad models with the incorrect partioning you guys did with a correction.  It's ridiculous to have these blogs with all this junk when you are marketing this computer to home users?  It should be labeled - only buy this computer if you are some techno geek and want to spend all your time playing with one key, reinstalls and reloads?

I loaded Itunes, - i feel like with this computer I am back in MSDOS.  I have to manually cut and paste folders and make sure directories are correct if I have any chance of getting the program to load and work correctly from drive d.

If a competent user friendly fix doesn't come out, then I am going to start alerting customers on Tiger Direct, Best Buy etc of the problems with Lenovo ideapads.

Options

27 Posts

03-17-2008

Albania

47 Signins

291 Page Views

• Views: 291
  • Message 185 of 590

2008-09-15, 12:21 PM

I agree with Ann White and Jeff: Skripatch's replies are unacceptable.  A person who buys a computer expects to be able to use it out of the box (that is the big success of Apple, as far as I can understand) and repartitioning is something that most people call a "nerd" to do. It does not help Lenovo, the company, or its users, for someone to be so sarcastic to other users.

My opinion is that Lenovo should admit the mistake and help people with the repair: 1. either take the machines into the service center and have them repartitioned and sent back to  the owner, as if it were a warranty-backed defect  or  2. send the repartition software, recovery software and detailed instructions for those who are able to do it themselves.

I have been using the y510 for seven months and I consider it to be a major pain in the butt to have to repartition and then set up all my programs again as t is quite difficult to operate with a 27 gb C drive on this machine.

Lenovo should step up to the plate and help the people who trusted their brand name and opted to buy a completely new product from them.

Options

3965 Posts

11-20-2007

US

23520 Signins

803285 Page Views

• Message 186 of 590

2008-09-15, 13:00 PM

taw wrote:

When is the Lenovo forum owner going to moderate its moderator? When people ask for assistance, they are not asking for opinion, they are requesting expertise. Lenovo needs to do some damage control here, and the best place to start would be to make an apology for the skripatch's continual offensive remarks to Lenovo owners and then replacing him with a moderator who doesn't feel the need to tell off Lenovo owners.

skripatch is not and has never been a moderator.  Moderator's have "Moderator" as their rank shown under their username in the left-panel of a message like this one.

The best advice I can give to any forum member who has a problem with another forum member's messages is to simply ignore them and move on to messages from other forum members.  Failing that, a message can be reported to the mod team by clicking on Options -> Report Abuse to a Moderator and then moving on to messages from other forum members.  Either of those options causes less wear and tear on the nerves of everyone involved and makes for a more peaceful and productive forum.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Options

9 Posts

09-15-2008

Pacific North West (US)

24 Signins

374 Page Views

• Views: 374
  • Message 187 of 590

2008-09-15, 16:50 PM

wrote:

taw wrote:

When is the Lenovo forum owner going to moderate its moderator? When people ask for assistance, they are not asking for opinion, they are requesting expertise. Lenovo needs to do some damage control here, and the best place to start would be to make an apology for the skripatch's continual offensive remarks to Lenovo owners and then replacing him with a moderator who doesn't feel the need to tell off Lenovo owners.

skripatch is not and has never been a moderator.  Moderator's have "Moderator" as their rank shown under their username in the left-panel of a message like this one.

The best advice I can give to any forum member who has a problem with another forum member's messages is to simply ignore them and move on to messages from other forum members.  Failing that, a message can be reported to the mod team by clicking on Options -> Report Abuse to a Moderator and then moving on to messages from other forum members.  Either of those options causes less wear and tear on the nerves of everyone involved and makes for a more peaceful and productive forum.

With all due respect to your position on this forum, I think you've expercised poor judgement with your reply.  I've patiently followed this thread from it inception seeking a valid solution to the partitioning problem and we've endured his insults for far too long.  Coming from anyone other then Skripatch, his incessant holier-than-thou replies would have been labled trolling and he would have been banned long ago. 

Moderator Note; please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps us help you

Message Edited by andyP on 09-15-2008 07:47 PM
Options

3965 Posts

11-20-2007

US

23520 Signins

803285 Page Views

• Message 188 of 590

2008-09-15, 10:08 AM

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

Options

3965 Posts

11-20-2007

US

23520 Signins

803285 Page Views

• Message 189 of 590

2008-09-15, 17:45 PM

Sharkey wrote:

With all due respect to your position on this forum, I think you've expercised poor judgement with your reply.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

Options

13 Posts

07-24-2008

U.S.

12 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 190 of 590

2008-09-16, 0:31 AM

wrote:

taw wrote:

nonny,

I indeed did try to use the Report option but found it greyed out - i.e. - it was not usable. Now I see that my post has been deleted. Interesting.

This will be my last post here. I leave with very negative feelings toward Lenvo.

Ann White

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete