10-26-2009

Indonesia

7 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 391 of 590

Re: Disk Partioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

2009-11-01, 13:57 PM

yeah.... I'm toooooo affraid if I must install (or update) Bios, too risky. Enough with my desktop PC. I ruined it. I don't want this to happen with my notebook.

Options

16 Posts

10-26-2009

Philippines

22 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 392 of 590

2009-11-02, 20:04 PM

@ erdewe

i think we have the same y450 specs (the latest release/edition of Y450)

two thumbs up for its specs having 5.4 windows index score running vista; 5.8 for windows 7! :robotwink:

@Marklenovo

@Service center technicians out there... :smileytongue:

I have a copy of the OKR 6.0 bootable disk which is used by service centers but i have no idea how to use it... (needs more knowledge on DOS)

As far as i know, the only way to revive the functionality of the novo key is to set it in DOS prompt using the said bootable CD.

Do you have any idea on how to do that? or anyone in this forum have any idea how to do that?

The scenario:

When i bought my laptop Y450 P8700, the first thing that i noticed is the default partitioning having the C at more than 400gb and only around 30gb space in D...

We all know that saving our documents in C is a big mistake. But how can we store our documents in D partition if it has an irrational size? So what i did is to resize the partition, i divided the C into 2 parts. the other one is for my storage of files and data, and the original C is for dedicated for the windows, the D for saving my backups (I DID NOT TOUCHED THE RECOVERY PARTITION)... i did this partioning scheme since my hard disk has an ample space (500gb) but then i figured out that my NOVO key doesn't work anymore so i search over the internet on how to revive it hence registering in this forum.

unfortunately, this past few months of searching the net. I found no answer to my problem so i brought my laptop to the nearest service center and luckily they repaired it without a cost, although they told me that it's beyond the service warranty.

After a day, i pulled out my laptop from the service center. First thing i did is to check the functionality of the NOVO key... And yes! it was revived! but i notice that the installed programs are not like the original one like what was installed before. Another thing is that the partition reverted back to C=more than 400gb and D=around 30gb which is im not very satisfied...

I have read about the instructions provided by ortegaluis in this page but failed... so my NOVO key doesn't function again... :smileysad:

Also when i received my laptop from the service center, the technician left the CD inside my optical drive which is i didn't notice until i arrived at home. The CD im talking about has a title OKR 6.0 but it's bootable in DOS mode... included in the CD are programs that can only be run in DOS mode....

If someone reading this, preferably a technician from LENOVO SERVICE CENTERS, please help us how to do the OKR thing in DOS mode... a detailed instruction is needed and will be greatly appreciated...

Options

5 Posts

10-25-2009

Singapore

3 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 393 of 590

Re: Disk Portioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

2009-11-06, 9:21 AM

wally911m,

Let me know if you can find a solution to partition my disk w/o affecting the functionality of OKR. thks :)

Options

5 Posts

10-25-2009

Singapore

3 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 394 of 590

2009-11-06, 9:34 AM

Can Lenovo release new OKR that allow us to have full control of disk management? Rather then restrict us with the extremely small D drive. Everyone know storing data at C drive is not advisable. Please help in this issue.

Options

10 Posts

10-29-2009

Providence, RI

18 Signins

174 Page Views

• Views: 174
  • Message 395 of 590

2009-11-06, 22:09 PM

I've been facing the problem as guys here. After just 2 days of purchasing the U350, wireless suddenly disappeared. I tried on triggering ON/OFF but to no avail. Then I realized that Fn+F5 did not work.

I press OKR and it got stuck forever since I had C driver partitioned before. I could not revert back to factory settings. My U350 does not have an optical driver so they did not provide me any CD installation.

Is there any way to request a CD installation from Lenovo or Microsoft or whoever so I can install original Windows Vista on my machine?

Options

73 Posts

07-28-2008

Maryland

89 Signins

373 Page Views

• Views: 373
  • Message 396 of 590

2009-11-06, 22:45 PM

Dear Vahali -- You don't need to install a CD/DVD writer inside your computer.  Buy an exterior one that plugs into your USB port.  Hopefully, you have one of these... USB 2 port.  Then reinstall the operating program from a CD and the motherboard drivers (get from Lenovo), and you should be in business.  Next time buy a computer with a CD/DVD writer in it!

Options

10 Posts

10-29-2009

Providence, RI

18 Signins

174 Page Views

• Views: 174
  • Message 397 of 590

2009-11-06, 22:51 PM

Thanks for replying.

The problem is that Lenovo did not provide me any CD installation on arrival of the machine. They put every thing in a partition but the OKRecovery is not working :-))

I do have an external optical driver working through USB port.

Options

16 Posts

10-26-2009

Philippines

22 Signins

220 Page Views

• Message 398 of 590

2009-11-07, 18:07 PM

@ stoneage

Sure! i will post a new thread if in case i found a good solution to the said concern...

@ vihali

Good for you if your laptop is still under warranty, they will sure provide you with a free service.

In my case, the store where a bought my laptop provided me with the Windows OEM when a requested a copy.

Options

9 Posts

11-08-2009

New York

14 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 399 of 590

2009-11-08, 17:07 PM

Hi,

When I first got my computer I created a disk image that was backed up to the D drive (in my computer C is the larger partition and D is the smaller). My computer came with Windows 7 Home and since then I have upgraded to Windows 7 Professional. I am trying to recreate the one key recovery disk image on the D drive but it says not enough space. How do I find & delete the original file or upgrade the existing one for One Key Recovery?

Please help.

Thanks.

Options

16 Posts

10-26-2009

Philippines

22 Signins

220 Page Views

• Message 400 of 590

2009-11-09, 8:02 AM

@ Joshipooja

That's what we're trying to figure out here.

If you want to try to modify your recovery partition, well it's at your own risk. You can try the intrustions provided by ortegaluis in this thread

Here's the link for the PTEDIT32.EXE by symantec if you want to edit your partition.

Note: to make your hidden partition visible, edit the type (first column) from 12 to 07.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete