Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-21-2008

Canada

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 2

Help upgrading from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate - Y410

2008-07-21, 2:05 AM
I am trying to upgrade my Y410 from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. I checked the system with Microsoft’s compatibility application and it indicated that the system was compatible. I purchased the correct anytime upgrade DVD and have now tried unsuccessfully two times to perform the upgrade. I insert the DVD and run setup.exe. When asked to do a upgrade or clean install I select upgrade, I prefer not to have to reinstall all my software. The installation proceeds without any errors. It take over two hours and when everything is done I still have Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I have checked for the new features and they are not there all the screen indicate that it is Premium not Ultimate. Any Ideas how to make this work? Do I have to do a clean install and what will this do to the NOVA recovery process and the hidden partition? Thanks in advance for your help!
Options

26 Posts

06-13-2008

Philippines

13 Signins

301 Page Views

• Views: 301
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Help upgrading from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate - Y410

2008-07-25, 14:58 PM
nothing will happen to the hidden partition if you do a clean install (if you dont format it)... the partition will still contain VHP OEM. ^_^
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms