Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

06-11-2014

Singapore

11 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 1 of 7

Hi, my Lenovo Y470 started having white screen...

2014-06-11, 6:19 AM

Greetings community, hope you can help me out with this problem here,

Last night my laptop went white screen all of a sudden on me and I was shocked. I wasn't even running any intensive programs at the time and my laptop temperature was okay and not hot at all. I tried pressing different keys and the one which helped me was FN + F1 which was to put my laptop to sleep, then i pressed it again, the login screen came up and the white screen was gone. Another time it happened again was when I was watching Youtube video and it suddenly had a white screen, I could still hear the audio properly and I did the FN+F1 again and it worked. However I fear this may mean my laptop needs repairing, anyone any suggestion to my problem? Please and thank you

Edit* I do not have any Anti Virus programs, only Microsoft Security essentials and i think this may be a hardware problem. I've changed my hard disk once due to it overheated, the lenovo technician came over to my school and changed a new hard disk for me as it was under warranty. IF IT IS a hardware problem, do i still get to replace the faulty parts for free under warranty?( my warranty expires on march 2015)

I also have this problem regardless of whether my battery is plugged in or not. Hope this helps. The only thing I've yet to try is to connect my laptop to another display and see if a white screen appears there because well, I dont have the cable :/

Options

410 Posts

06-08-2012

Ankara , Turkey

351 Signins

9930 Page Views

• Views: 9930
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Hi, my Lenovo Y470 started having white screen...

2014-06-11, 7:39 AM

Hello Kami, 

Please try with another display see if the problem persists ! Please try to access bios and see if there is same issue with Bios Screen.  

- Unplug all power including battery if it is removable and press power button for 30 seconds. Just connect cable and start the your computer see if problem persists. 

-  If problem persists please press One Key Recovery button see if it goes to one key recovery without white screen.

Let us see results of these steps to go further on Troubleshooting. 

Thanks

Options

5 Posts

06-11-2014

Singapore

11 Signins

89 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2014-06-11, 14:25 PM
I'm sorry but what do u mean by " Please try to access bios and see if there is same issue with Bios Screen." Do you mean i have to press some buttons to get to the BIOS screen and wait for a white screen? Or do I just follow your steps to unplug all power and my battery and hold the power button for 30 secs before connecting the power cord cable to my laptop? Do I still need to put my battery back in after connecting the power cord to my laptop?
Options

410 Posts

06-08-2012

Ankara , Turkey

351 Signins

9930 Page Views

• Views: 9930
  • Message 4 of 7

2014-06-11, 19:55 PM

I mean do  you have white screen to when you enter bios as well , becuase issue might be operating system issue , we want to learn that first that screen has no problem at when you open BOIS everything is clear. 

Don't put battery back and try to open with cord only ! See if problem persists ! 

Options

3508 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2522 Signins

39849 Page Views

• Views: 39849
  • Message 5 of 7

2014-06-11, 20:19 PM

Best thing would be to re-install your graphics drivers for the Intel Onboard graphics chip.

Then,

Try connecting to a different screen and check if you get the white screen again.

If not, then it might be a hardware problem with laptop screen.

You can definitely get your laptop repaired before March 2015 any number of times from lenovo, as long as the problem was not a result of your negligence. (water spill etc.)

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Options

5 Posts

06-11-2014

Singapore

11 Signins

89 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2014-06-12, 5:03 AM
Hi OKR , thanks for the clarification. Currently following your advice and I'm in the BIOS screen(I spammed f2) for around 5mins and there's no white screen. Should I continue waiting? Last night I played games and watched movies for 4 hours and the white screen did not appear once but it frequently happened in the afternoon when I was just watching YouTube videos. Oh and I did not try display on an external screen yet as I don't have a VGA cable....
Options

5 Posts

06-11-2014

Singapore

11 Signins

89 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2014-06-12, 5:05 AM
Alright thanks, I may send it for repair again since it free haha.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms