Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

410 Posts

06-08-2012

Ankara , Turkey

351 Signins

9930 Page Views

• Views: 9930
  • Message 1 of 4

How Ideapad Lenovo Driver Packages Behaves

2012-06-08, 20:30 PM

Hello Lenovo Ideapad Guys, 

Happy Path , 

Once you download driver   from consumer support site . It is zipped package. When you run it . It will extract the driver files to  C:/drivers. Afterwards,   It will run the setup.exe for that specific driver. Then installation begins and Device  is recognized by windows. 

Unhappy Path, 

Some  zipped package files has bug in lenovo consumer support site  and it will just extract the files to C:/drivers. Then it is not  going to run the setup exe automatically  for specific driver and then some user with less knowledge about technology they say that they installed the driver however the driver it just extracted to C:/drivers only so windows gives and error message that driver is not installed correctly or doesnt pop up anything.In this case ,  you need to got C:/drivers find the specific driver go its folder and run setup exe for that specific device driver and then your driver recognized by windows.

I lenovo therefore I am

Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: How Ideapad Lenovo Driver Packages Behaves

2012-06-09, 9:33 AM
hi okr-man

you may be right but it's not just lenovo's driver. i helped some of my friends on re-installing the drivers and different brands may have the same issue.

still, thanks for the information. it may be useful for the users who may have the same issue.

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Options

410 Posts

06-08-2012

Ankara , Turkey

351 Signins

9930 Page Views

• Views: 9930
  • Message 3 of 4

2012-06-09, 10:52 AM

Hi Yiğit ,

You are correct thats why softwares has no warranty but we need to find out which ones has problems and fix it . I dont remember exactly which ones has bugs I can return you later. I remember one of them now which is z570 camera driver behaves like this. Basically when the user goes to Z570 camera driver and download it. After he/she runs the package. It looks like installation happening progress bar showing but at that moment it is just extracting files to C:/drivers folder. After that lenovo user complains that  he or she installed driver but camera not working however  the driver is not installed. So professional people thinks that maybe it is bios issue then suggest the bios update.

I lenovo therefore I am 

Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 4 of 4

2012-06-10, 16:17 PM
message(s) separated

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms