Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-31-2021

Croatia

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

How to change Touchpad on Z51-70

2021-04-04, 14:41 PM

As well-known problem with Z51 has occurred (breaking of plastics holding knurled nuts inserts), I ordered a new upper-case. Case arrived, I dismantled the laptop and then realised that the new-case arrived without TouchPad. So, I can order a new one or try to remove the one that I already have on the old case. However, the touchpad seems to be very tightly glued to the inside of the case, thus making it nearly impossible to remove. Should I use fan to heat it up before removing it ? Will it work ? Is it worth the trouble ?

Options

1724 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

104 Signins

9965 Page Views

• Views: 9965
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:How to change Touchpad on Z51-70

2021-04-05, 16:47 PM

Hello Dubrovnik,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would encourage you to check on the hardware maintenance manual (page 72) with how to open/dismantle the machine and replacing a specific part.

Using the necessary part that is compatible to the unit before doing the repair is a thing you must consider as well.

You can check for certified OEM parts on the parts look up site. Enter your machine type model or the serial number of machine then go to Parts tab. Select either Model / Compatible tab and filter the Commodity drop down to keyboard / touchpad. The part number specific to that part and a picture would be provided for your convenience.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

03-31-2021

Croatia

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:How to change Touchpad on Z51-70

2021-04-05, 17:02 PM

I tried searching for parts before, on the page you sent me the link to, there are no parts available whatsoever and than I ended up on Ebay and found what I was searching for. The manual itself is an interesting thing and I will save it for next time so I don't have to guess which screw goes where. However, as you could see, it doesn't say anything about removing touchpad. So, anything, even generic, could help, but so far, your answer wasn't so helpful. Thanks for trying anyway.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms