Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-09-2012

Puerto Rico

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 3

I have been having Hdd problems

2012-11-09, 15:16 PM

My laptop has been freezing recently and I thought it was something happening when booting up so I used safe mode and turned off non essential programs when booting. That helped a lot but then a couple of days ago my laptop didn't want to turn on, the only thing that light up was the power buttom and charging indicator light... It was strange to me that the hdd indicator light didn't turn on and the screen was off too. So I called support and they told me to press and hold fn+f2 and it didn't do anything at the time so they made a case and told me to send it for repairs. I was about to send it when I remembered I had a disc on it so I went to take it out and the pc suddenly turned on (I called today). I'm at a lost don't know what to do... is it fixed?? what if it happens again?? should I send it anyways?? since I think it's the hdd. Help.

Options

3385 Posts

06-27-2012

India

5396 Signins

57737 Page Views

• Views: 57737
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: I have been having Hdd problems

2012-11-09, 16:08 PM

Hi 

Welcome to the community

If you are unsure, first put the same cd in the laptop and see if the problem still occurs. Mabe some bug. If it happens again, you might try a factory reset through one key recovery. You mentioned about the safe mode. It booted alright in safe mode. So i hence advice you to update core drivers also. If still it happens, then please try factory rest.

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Options

3 Posts

11-09-2012

Puerto Rico

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: I have been having Hdd problems

2012-11-09, 21:56 PM

Is not the cd... and I updated the drivers. I'll do the factory reset but the situation looks grim.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms