Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

12-12-2014

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 1 of 6

I unistalled intel hd raphics drivers on my Y50-70 4K and now i have a black screen

2014-12-27, 11:14 AM

Hi

Today i did a silly thing . I unisalled the intel hd driver and restarted the  computer.

After resarting i get the bootscreen but after thati cant see anything. I can manae to press enter and putting the password and log in into windows . I here the sound of skype and other programs but i the screen reamains black .

Any suggestions?

Is there any way that i deleted the default path of he laptop to use intel hd to display desktop ?

Is there any way to reintall intel hd driversand get disply backto normal?

Thanks in advance

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: I unistalled intel hd raphics drivers on my Y50-70 4K and now i have a black screen

2014-12-27, 18:03 PM

Check first that your problem is really cause by the removal of the graphics driver and not a defective display. To check the display, try booting to bios and see if you can see what is displayed on screen.

Options

6 Posts

12-12-2014

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re: I unistalled intel hd raphics drivers on my Y50-70 4K and now i have a black screen

2014-12-27, 18:09 PM

wrote:

Check first that your problem is really cause by the removal of the graphics driver and not a defective display. To check the display, try booting to bios and see if you can see what is displayed on screen.

I can go to bios and screen works ,,,also i can make o bootable linux usb and display work when i test linux ...Only in windows i cant make my display to work ....

I accidently preesed the accept solution ...sorry 

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2014-12-27, 18:19 PM

wrote:

wrote:

I can go to bios and screen works ,,,also i can make o bootable linux usb and display work when i test linux ...Only in windows i cant make my display to work ....

Regarding the accidental pressing of the accept solution go to the message and select something like "not the solution" button. It should undo the mistake.

Regarding the problem try making the media creation tool in this link and boot from it. Select Windows 8.1 only during the creation and select repair after booting from it.

Options

6 Posts

12-12-2014

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2015-01-04, 10:26 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Regarding the accidental pressing of the accept solution go to the message and select something like "not the solution" button. It should undo the mistake.

Regarding the problem try making the media creation tool in this link and boot from it. Select Windows 8.1 only during the creation and select repair after booting from it.

I managed to solve the problem...I tried many times to use an external display . But i didn't pressed to duplicate or share or extend the desktop. So i tried Fn+F3 without seeing anything on the display(but i tried to recognmize from sounds if i was logged in into windows . I wait for the skype sound to appear and then pressed Fn+F3) and automatically redirect me to the the external diplay from the HDMI.Then the only thing remaining is installing the intel hd driver  .

I've tried installing the official intel drivers from intel web sites . But is seem that it wont work i ended up with the same black screen problem . So i went back installing the LENOVO intel Hd drivers and everything is back to normal .

I dont know why the official intel HD DRIVERS doesn't work back seems to install properly ....And only lenovo drivers are working so far ???

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2015-01-04, 20:53 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I managed to solve the problem...I tried many times to use an external display . But i didn't pressed to duplicate or share or extend the desktop. So i tried Fn+F3 without seeing anything on the display(but i tried to recognmize from sounds if i was logged in into windows . I wait for the skype sound to appear and then pressed Fn+F3) and automatically redirect me to the the external diplay from the HDMI.Then the only thing remaining is installing the intel hd driver  .

I've tried installing the official intel drivers from intel web sites . But is seem that it wont work i ended up with the same black screen problem . So i went back installing the LENOVO intel Hd drivers and everything is back to normal .

I dont know why the official intel HD DRIVERS doesn't work back seems to install properly ....And only lenovo drivers are working so far ???

The driver from Lenovo should be the only one that you should use. Although the Intel driver has more feature these feature does not apply to Lenovo units thus it will fail if you force install it. See the note made by Intel that you should only use the driver from the OEM manufacturer. So I think your problem is solve now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms