05-12-2015

Texas

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad Y510p Webcam Problem

2015-05-12, 14:00 PM

I am having this same problem with my Y510P. I thought for sure for as much as I paid for this laptop that it would have a decent webcam. I was wrong. It is not just the quality that is getting on my nerves though.

Whenever I try and start/restart the laptop, I have the option of using the webcam as a facial ID/login. However, the camera blinks between the "camera" and "camera not found". This camera is built into the laptop, how is it not finding the camera!? I have to restart the laptop multiple times in order for it to find the camera, and then like the person before me said, the quality is bad. This is something you guys need to fix. I'm not sure if they had a sale at Toy's R Us, so you thought you would save money on cameras or what the deal is. My eight year old cell phone has a better camera, and the phone doesn't seem to "lose" it.

My laptop is only just over a year old too.

Mod Comment: Moved post into proper forum. Edited subject to include model.

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

IN

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad Y510p Webcam Problem

2015-05-14, 9:08 AM

Hi Jdam1979,

Welcome to the Forums       

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with webcam not working in your Lenovo Y510p laptop.

Check in the device manager can you find imaging devices, also update the driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the webcam driver for windows 7.

Click here for the webcam driver for windows 8.

Click here for the webcam driver for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete