Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

12-18-2014

Romania

49 Signins

455 Page Views

• Views: 455
  • Message 1 of 6

IdeaPad Z710 Display issue

2014-12-18, 19:12 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Lenevo IdeaPad Z710 and I'm quite dissapointed by the quality of display.

I don't know have many of you have the problem that I have recently discovered.

Well, is a full hd display but some colors on my screen are flickering like this guy recorded on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWTkycEPUpY

My laptop has the exact same behaviour, on some colors the screen flickers on brightness at level 8 ( WIN 8.1 ).

I've done some research and I don't know what to say.. is the Lenovo Energy Manager the cause of this issue, the quality of display or it's a hardware problem.

Please let me know guys if you have encountered this issue on this model because I think to send it to warranty. 

Best Regards,

Jacob

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: IdeaPad Z710 Display issue

2014-12-19, 7:50 AM

Hi Iacobionut,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with display in your Lenovo Z710 laptop.

Please connect the monitor and check for the issue, check if the LCD cable is loose try to reseat the cable and check for the issue.

Also try to update the display driver to latest version and check for the issue.

Click here for the drivers for windows 7.

Click here for the drivers for windows 8.

Click here for the divers for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,   

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

11 Posts

12-18-2014

Romania

49 Signins

455 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2014-12-19, 15:00 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have already updated the driver with the latest version from intel.com and the problem still persists.

Anyone? Any other sugesstions?

Thanks,

Jacob

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2014-12-22, 6:03 AM

Hi Iacobionut,

Please check with external monitor, also try to refix the LCD cable and check for the issue.

Power on the computer, Slow change LCD lid angle for several times. Observe the LCD display. Does the display flickers when the lid is moved.

Please try to boot to BIOS and check if the display flickers.

As you have mentioned that if the brightness is increased the display flickers also try to decrease the brightness and check for the issue.

Best regards,      

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

11 Posts

12-18-2014

Romania

49 Signins

455 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2015-01-02, 16:34 PM

Hi Aswin,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have tried with an external monitor and the flickering is not present on a external screen. However my laptop display still flickers when is connected.

You said "refix the LCD cable and check for the issue" but my laptop is under warranty and I can't open it to refix the LCD cable. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

I tried on BIOS to see if the screen flickers but no problems detected there. I think maybe this is a problem with Lenovo Energy Manager software which manages too much the energy.

Happy New Year!

Best Regards,

Jacob

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2015-01-05, 6:37 AM

Hi Iacobionut,

Please try to reinstall the energy management and check for the issue, if the issue still persists then please visit the nearest service centre to refix the cable as the system is under warranty.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,      

Ashwin.S

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms