01-22-2016

United States

5 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 1

IdeaPad y510 Hardware Issue

2016-01-22, 20:06 PM

Ok so this problem has been going for over 4 month now ...  I have IdeaPad y510p lenovo

my battery stopped charing, unless I turn off my pc, remove battery then turn on the laptop using ac power then insert battery. That fixes the problem. Any other way does not work

Insert ac adapter while battery is in . Does not Charge

Take out battery, press power button for 40 seconds, then inserting battery, then ac plug and turn on. Does not Charge

Keep in mind: 

Laptop turns on AC adapter on it's own. 

Ac adapter tested on another similar laptop, works perfect. 

Laptop tested on similar laptop, no problem 

Updated BIOS

Uninstalled and Installed Drivers for battery and AC.

Tried the shutdown, unplug, press to discharge power, then turn on and still does not charge 

When I insert the power adapter when battery is in, power adapter disonnects ... ( the type of disconnect that happens when adapter overheats or has a short ... the protection type )

Tested it multiple times, everytime I insert the Ac adapter after the battery is connected. Adapter stops working, till I plug it out for 10 seconds and then plug it in.

My best guess, if there is a componet on the motherboard that handles power coming from battery and power from ac adapater... it's not doing its job correctly and it's shorting something there. 

I have experience with hardware. But not much with motherboards and charging ports. If anyone can shed some light on this issue. I would greatly appriate it. 

Took it to multiple repair shops, and they told me motherboard is fried and needs 600$ to replace it. While i can use the laptop perfectly fine if i just follow these steps

Unplug battery

Plug in AC power

Turn on Laptop

Plug in battery

Then everything is fine till i disconnect ac plug, and then battery runs till it dies.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete