Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-14-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎01-14-2017
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad z580: New Battery Won't Charge, Fast Flashing Orange LED

2017-01-14, 19:34 PM

I recently bought a new battery on Amazon for my IdeaPad z580.  It's a Lenovo branded battery, not a cheap generic one. 

 

When I plug the battery into the laptop, it shows 69% charge, but indicates "Not Charging" even when the laptop is plugged in.  I also notice that on the front of the machnine, the battery LED fast flashes an orange color.

 

If I use the older battery, it charges fine and no orange LED.

 

Bad battery or I have I missed something?

Reply
Options

4 Posts

01-15-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

41 Page Views

  • Posts: 4
  • Registered: ‎01-15-2017
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 41
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: IdeaPad z580: New Battery Won't Charge, Fast Flashing Orange LED

2017-01-15, 17:21 PM
What happens when you remove the battery and try to run off the charger alone? What are the capacities and voltages of both the new battery and the one you're replacing?
Reply
Options

571 Posts

07-07-2014

Philippines

314 Signins

10362 Page Views

  • Posts: 571
  • Registered: ‎07-07-2014
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 10362
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: IdeaPad z580: New Battery Won't Charge, Fast Flashing Orange LED

2017-01-25, 17:23 PM

Hi rsyring,

 

The flashing orange battery would indicate the ff :
  Blinking amber: (500ms off/1s on)
    The remaining power of the battery is less than 5% of its capacity.
  Blinking amber: (100ms off/3.2s on)
    The battery is being charged with the remaining power between 5% and 20% of its capacity.
  Amber:
    The computer is operating on battery power with the remaining power between 5% and 20% of its capacity.
  Blinking white:
    The battery is being charged with the remaining power between 20% and 80% of its capacity.
  White:
    The remaining power of the battery is more than 80% of its capacity, or the computer is operating on battery power with the remaining power between 20% and 80% of its capacity.

 

If the system is not charging, you want to check if conservation mode is enabled in Lenovo Settings or One Key Optimizer, under battery and power.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Reply
Options

2 Posts

07-27-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

28 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎07-27-2017
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 28
  • Message 4 of 4

Re: IdeaPad z580: New Battery Won't Charge, Fast Flashing Orange LED

2017-07-27, 17:39 PM

Hi jamdy17, 

 

I am experiencing the same issue as the OP above. I have an IdeaPad z580. The battery stopped taking a charge and discharged. I purchased a new battery through Lenovo 3rd party site. Installed new battery and charged with laptop off for 24 hours. I used my laptop yesterday with no issues, today I come to work and laptop is in sleep mode, upon waking it up the battery starts discharging. Will not charge, got critically low and shut off. Conservation mode is NOT on, I have it set to high performance. I also do NOT have Onekey optimizer installed. 

 

I've tried battery out, A/C adapter plugged in,  un-installing/re-installing the ACPI drivers under battery in device manager then putting battery back in with no luck.

 

I've also un-installed Lenovo power manager and re-installed it with no luck. 

 

Any other suggestions here? I've browsed everywhere and no one seems to have any solutions other than those mentioned above. 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms