01-22-2011

Syracuse

5 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Y560 support needed - DC Jack

2012-04-07, 3:16 AM

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I could not find another place that seemed more suitable. Recently, my y560 stopped charging and recognizing when the ac adapter was plugged in.  I had this problem before, which was that the dc jack became unsoldered from the connection to the motherboard.  Anyways, I am having the same exact problem again, and have sent in my laptop yet again, but this time the repair has been put on hold. Upon calling technical support, they claim that the whole bottom part of the case needs to be replaced, however, this is not the case. They're claiming it needs to be replaced because the small plastic vents on the left side of the y560 (that covers a small part of the heatsink and is a completely non functional part, just a part of the plastic case), broke off through regular use (no abuse, high heats from gaming eventually caused it to weaken and I just took the rest of it off because the looseness of it was annoying me). This would not be a problem if they werent denying me repair due to this. All I need is the dc jack to be resoldered to the board (a simple fix), but theyre claiming that this non functional part needs to be replaced, or nothing at all will be fixed, which is not covered under my current warranty which I renewed. They say that I need to pay around $180 for a completely unnecessary repair. If there are any Lenovo mods, or support who could help me with this, it'd be greatly appreciated. Faulty manufacturing of the dc jack on these y560's is the cause of problem, no abuse. My laptop is in mint condition other than the missing plastic vent cover. It is really disappointing that I am being denied a repair that I had to be inconvenienced with before. I use my laptop for all of my work as a student, and everything else. I cannot really afford to pay for a problem which I did not truly cause.  Sorry for the long post, and thank you for any help that anyone has to offer.

Options

135 Posts

08-22-2011

Singapore

1998 Signins

48597 Page Views

• Views: 48597
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Y560 support needed - DC Jack

2012-04-12, 6:39 AM

Hi MauryPovich,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation.
Let me try to escalate the issue for a review.

I need some addition information and I've sent you a request via private messaging.

Please let me know.

thanks!

lak_sg

WW Social Media

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete