06-24-2013

Mexico

9 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 4

Ideapad y400 repair going for week 10

2013-07-27, 20:53 PM

So, I bought a y400 back in december in the US and then went back to mexico. Loved it to death but in march the battery charging problem that plagues all of the ideapad series hit mine and I had to do a ritual in order to properly charge my battery. So yeah, I sent it in for repairs May 20th and well, we're nearing the end of July with no signs of the replacement parts getting to the service center.

This is an outrage. It's not possible that they're taking this long to get the parts. I can find y400 models near my house at stores like office depot, and it can be bought off directly from lenovo, but no parts are shipping. They tell me parts have arrived and the computer has been fixed, but the service center people tell me nothing has arrived! The callcenter justifies itself by saying it's an international model but I'm not even getting a replacement model. I bought it on the US and currently live in mexico, but part of the reasons I bought this model was due to the international warranty, which isn't doing squat.

I need a solution to this problem now. Please. Either give me a gift card/return me the money back so I can get another computer. It's been about 8 months since I bought it, but 2 and a halfish since I left it at the service center! Or send me a new y400/y410p. Getting "just" my computer or an identical replacement at this point would be an insult, but I'll take what I can. At this point I would've bought another laptop but I don't have the money to spend ~1000 USD on a new computer. But I need a new computer!

My case detailes are as following:

Service number - XXXXX

Serial number - XXXXX

I am currently in mexico and the service center my computer is at right now is called"

"Soluciones servinext" in Guadalajara, Jalisco. Mexico.

Someone please help me with this quick. I need my computer :c

Moderator comment: Serial number(s) / case number removed to protect member from mischief.

Options

6 Posts

06-24-2013

Mexico

9 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad y400 repair going for week 10

2013-07-30, 23:55 PM

Bump. Thanks to the mod who removed my data, I was being a bit reckless. But still, somebody here in the forums should be able to help me. I get no solutions from calling the 01800 number for mexico (01800 083 4916) and am told to just wait. I call lenovo in Guadalajara and Mexico city, but no real answers. Either a machine or no tone. Please, it's been 2 months and by monday it'll be 2 months and a half :c

Options

6 Posts

06-24-2013

Mexico

9 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2013-08-01, 3:45 AM

This ain't cool, yo :c

Options

799 Posts

08-03-2011

GB

11712 Signins

298039 Page Views

• Views: 298039
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-08-01, 5:09 AM

Hi darksan

Sorry to hear about your issue - have sent you a private message. Could you check your inbox please?

Thanks

serene

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete