Georgia

81 Signins

497 Page Views

• Views: 497
  • Message 1 of 4

Keyboard missing letters

2020-05-19, 11:35 AM

Hi folks,

I've got a new problem with my P53, these days, playing WoT, I've discovered that the tank doesn't move backwards when I press "S" key. Well, after some time I realize that this is repeating and opened notepad to test it out. What I have seen there is that when I press key combination starting to key W and immediately press S key, the last pressed key doesn't repeat!! it stays there. I then tested it through all lines and the behavior is same, BUT when I start key combination from bottom to top, say starting with "S" and immediately pressing "W" key - it continues to repeat W letters.

Any ideas? is it hardware issue?

Options

12460 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7170 Signins

746069 Page Views

• Views: 746069
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Keyboard missing letters

2020-05-19, 21:49 PM

Hi LevAnni,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try using an external keyboard and see if the same thing happens.

Open CMD and try it also there (press Win + R and type CMD).

Compare this using the onscreen keyboard.

If the external keyboard and onscreen keyboard works ok but not on the CMD lines then likely there is a hardware issue and keyboard may need replacement.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

26 Posts

11-15-2019

Georgia

81 Signins

497 Page Views

• Views: 497
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-05-20, 8:15 AM
What I figured out so far is that it's related to heat. When laptop reaches working temp under load, the keyboard starts to fail :( it is missing some letters. I will try to reduce temps by lowering percentage in power management, but I think it must be replaced anyway. So shame it's year old.
Options

1 Posts

07-12-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-07-12, 7:14 AM

Suddenly I am unable to use the  24th letter of the alphabet and the 26th letter of the alphabet which are ne*t to each other on the keyboard.. When I type them in to a password or whatever they do not appear although the black dots in the password do  appear. This also happens when I try to use these two letters anywhere else. I use English (Australia) keyboard but it also happens in English (United States keyboard) It happens with the manual keyboard and the on screen keyboard. Has this happened to anyone else and is it a fault with the computer or could it be something Ive downloaded, Anti Virus program perhaps. I cant access a couple of password protected sites and I dont want to have to change my passwords. Any help would be aprriciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms