Options

1 Posts

11-07-2014

United States

8 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 1

LED Indicator Noise when Blinking (Y510p)

2014-11-07, 21:01 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way of  disabling the LED indicator when my laptop (IdeaPad Y510p) goes to  sleep.  Whenever the laptop enters sleep mode and remains charging, it makes this unbelievably annoying noise as the LED blinks on and off.  I found an article where they disabled the LED indicator for the wireless function but not for the sleep function.  Can anyone please instruct me on how to turn off the LED indicators, I really don't use or need them on ever.  The method that the article below used, was through changing something in the system registry.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/How-to-disable-indicator-lights-through-registry-tweaks/ta-p/263165

Please let me know any method, to disable these LED indicators.  I was on the phone with Lenovo Support for an hour and a half yesterday and they were unable to fix the issue and just said that I should ship them the laptop, but I cannot be without a laptop for two weeks as I am a student and need it for my research.

Thank you,

Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete