Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-13-2021

Thailand

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

Laptop Game lag issue

2021-04-13, 10:16 AM

So I was playing Apex Legends, it was smooth and other games too are smooth. But then suddenly the game stutters and got low fps that its unplayable. This applies to other games too. I did a check it said that there was no problem, there definitely is because games are now unplayable. I did a clean install of windows 3 times and the results are the same. Please help, I really want to play Apex Legends, it's the only game I play.

Options

1863 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

116 Signins

10735 Page Views

• Views: 10735
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Laptop Game lag issue

2021-04-13, 16:08 PM

Hello Daisuko,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

We appreciate the initiation of post. It can be good to start by sharing the type of machine you are specifically using. Please share the model name of your device and share the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us find specifications of your machine variant.

Update us soon as convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-04-14, 11:05 AM

@Myloweslife wrote:

So I was playing Apex Legends, it was smooth and other games too are smooth. But then suddenly the game stutters and got low fps that its unplayable. This applies to other games too. I did a check it said that there was no problem, there definitely is because games are now unplayable. I did a clean install of windows 3 times and the results are the same. Please help, I really want to play Apex Legends, it' the only game I play.

Is it possible that your laptop is running too hot? Could be thermal throttling in which your CPU clock speed plummets for a short period of time and causes it to lag

Options

2 Posts

04-13-2021

Thailand

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-04-14, 12:18 PM

It is the 

Legion Y530-15ICH Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81FV
Geforce GTX 1050ti
Intel core i5 8th gen

Options

1863 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

116 Signins

10735 Page Views

• Views: 10735
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-04-14, 15:10 PM

Hello Daisuko,

Thank you for the response.

I might advise trying to install the display drivers recommended on the support page. Once on the support page, enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual Update and install the display drivers.

On the same support page, you may also try to check of your machine's current BIOS version matches the recommended version uploaded on support site.

To check for your machine's driver version: launch the CMD / command prompt, on the command prompt windows, type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion and then hit enter. The string of letters and numbers following SMBBIOSBIOSVersion is your BIOS version.

Finally, try running a diagnostics to see what could be the trigger for issue. You may include the result scans here.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms