Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Views: 851
  • Message 651 of 1132

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Touchpad Not Working

2013-01-21, 13:23 PM
Yeah my game plan is to jump ship- as soon as I see it ships from the repair facility (or is a day out from mi cassa) I am going to RMA again and get rid of this lemon- and get something that actually works (not lenovo)!

for those of you that are still in the 21 day period with your computer i highly recommend disputing the charges with your credit card company- they will have much more influence than you!
Options

63 Posts

12-27-2012

USA

62 Signins

482 Page Views

• Views: 482
  • Message 652 of 1132

2013-01-21, 14:06 PM

wrote:

@drrren_120 Is it possible to do  that, I should try doing laptop swap then! o_o Id prefer it that way, I just cant be without my laptop, I need to be working on my weekly reports at the research department.

I called yesterday and told me tha I have to send it via FedEx (free). I actually live at Richardson, so I guess that it should be sent quickly.... Somehow I prefer to go to grapevine and ask for myself how long does it take them to just changue the touchpad, c'mon, Perhaps they are willung to folllow a whole protocol (reseting to manufacture, installing drivers, etc).

@everyone Keep up on updating your situation about the silver tape!

Well, look at it this way - you don't really have a laptop now, given the problems with the touchpad. The best advice is to bail out. It was really easy. I called customer service, and within 15 minutes, they had emailed a label to me. I went to UPS. The shipping was free. Ta da. I am confused about all of the posts from people taking apart their computers, etc. Get rid of it. Buy another one. If they suddenly solve the problem, then return your new computer to the other manufacturer and re-purchase a Lenovo. But I am willing to gamble that this problem will persist well into February, if not longer.

Options

63 Posts

12-27-2012

USA

62 Signins

482 Page Views

• Message 653 of 1132

2013-01-21, 14:08 PM

wrote:

Nope, just Mark told us to send back units for repairments.

What dissapoints me is that they are not fully recognizing this mistake,  not making a sticky thread announcing this failure, not willing to take responsability as the prestiigious enterprise they are (a post from the staff from XX page on a 'normal forum thread' doesn't count if you ask me).

Im not asking for some sort of compensation, just that Lenovo  make an official announcment about this situation, at least on the forums, not being so secretive/evassive, killing posts with actually good information (n1sm0s posts), its the minimum that they should do.

I know that everyone is prone to failure, but  these are the moments when somebody can shine its best by making more efforts and learning of it of course, somehow my hopes/expectations where so high for Lenovo, but fading as times passes, (especially yesterday when I asked for options with the support guy)

I'm still waiting for a better solution, other than just resend back the lap or refund it. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it would be possible to swap laptops ith the UPS/Fedex mailman, something that doesnt leave me out without a workstation, as a foreign student i cannot be without a laptop, because thats equal to academic failure unfortunately. But I guess that I'm just a number. What it's cynical is that the support fella offered me warranty extension/upgrades :V.

Ill try to talk to support and  try again with laptop swap, orI'm  even willing going to the repair place at Grapevine as I live near there.

Other thing is, seems that support service people don't know about this problem and keep up insisting with the protocol solutions (restoring to manufacture/reinstall drivers stuff).

I ordered a laptop from another company and returned my Lenovo at the same time. That way, I was only without a laptop for a few days. I used my old one during that time. If you are a student, then go to the computer lab at your school until you get your new laptop. Go to Kinkos and type your reports. There are a lot of options.

Options

63 Posts

12-27-2012

USA

62 Signins

482 Page Views

• Message 654 of 1132

2013-01-21, 14:12 PM

There is a setting on the Elan touchpad to reduce the sensitivity to your palm. My new computer has synaptics. You can actually designate a portion of the touchpad as "disabled." So, I have a 1/4 border on the outer part set as disabled to avoid errant movement. :)

Options

63 Posts

12-27-2012

USA

62 Signins

482 Page Views

• Message 655 of 1132

2013-01-21, 14:13 PM

wrote:
Yeah my game plan is to jump ship- as soon as I see it ships from the repair facility (or is a day out from mi cassa) I am going to RMA again and get rid of this lemon- and get something that actually works (not lenovo)!

for those of you that are still in the 21 day period with your computer i highly recommend disputing the charges with your credit card company- they will have much more influence than you!

The longer you wait, the longer it will take to get the charges removed!

Also, definitely dispute the charge and ask them for a temporary extension on your due date until you get it resolved.

Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Message 656 of 1132

2013-01-21, 14:53 PM
oh yeah i disputed the charges just as i was on my way out the door to fed-ex to drop off the lenovo- and will call (credit card co) just after I get the paperwork to ship it back for full credit.

have to take advantage of all the benefits and protection you can get from them.
Options

3 Posts

01-11-2013

USA

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 657 of 1132

2013-01-21, 15:33 PM
Just got off the phone with Lenovo support requesting a return. Surprisingly they did not give me any problems about returning it for a refund even though I am outside of the 21 days. I received all the documentation to return the laptop and will be doing so after the hard drive is thoroughly wiped. I was expecting a fight to get it returned but the ease of doing it changed my opinion of Lenovo from negative to neutral. At this point I would at least consider buying from them again (not this model). The person I spoke with on the phone said there would be a 2 day quality control check and a refund would be issues 3-5 days later. I am just hoping they don't try claim something is not working (like the touchpad) and not issue me a refund. I am wondering if I shouldn't dispute the charges with my credit card company still. I believe I have 120 days to do that so I think I may hold off on that.
Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Message 658 of 1132

2013-01-21, 15:40 PM
I would wait and see what lenovo refunds you for.

also what are some of the best ways to wipe a hdd- I will def want to do this too before sending it back...
Options

42 Posts

12-18-2012

Richardson

42 Signins

260 Page Views

• Views: 260
  • Message 659 of 1132

2013-01-21, 15:44 PM

@darren Yeah, I've thought about that, but actually I can't use all the school services as I somewhat far from the school itself (I'm working inside a reasearch lab as an exchange student).

Options

3 Posts

01-11-2013

USA

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 660 of 1132

2013-01-21, 15:53 PM
There are quite a few tools to do this depending on your OS. I plan on booting a live CD of some Linux variety and using 'shred'.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)