12-16-2012

PA

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 851 of 1132

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Touchpad Not Working

2013-02-02, 20:56 PM

Hey everyone last and final post on this for me!

Finally got a credit to my account after returing my "repaired" (but they literally didn't do anything to it) y500. Spent my entire college winter break trying to sort everything out till I finally jumped ship and switched brands. 

Typing this on my brand new HP ENVY dv6. Read other posts about how people got this computer instead and I built it to the same specs for under $1000 with a cupon I found online. I absolutely love it. My brother has a y580 which he and I both love and it is a good computer but my HP is lighter and has a smaller over all footprint which is nice for me because I need it alot for presentations.  

For those of you who still wish to hold on to the y500 I don't blame you because I fell in love with it and it broke my heart! However it was the abuser in the relationship and had to go haha.  Not to mention with the exception of Mark occasionally posting on here with random updates, Lenovo clearly doesn't care about anyone who bought this fautly product.

Best of luck to everyone out there while I enjoy this semester computing in style and with a problem free (synaptics) touchpad!

Options

67 Posts

12-06-2012

Seoul, Korea

439 Signins

2161 Page Views

• Views: 2161
  • Message 852 of 1132

2013-02-02, 22:01 PM

wrote:

Finally got a credit to my account after returing my "repaired" (but they literally didn't do anything to it) y500. Spent my entire college winter break trying to sort everything out till I finally jumped ship and switched brands. 

Typing this on my brand new HP ENVY dv6. Read other posts about how people got this computer instead and I built it to the same specs for under $1000 with a cupon I found online. I absolutely love it. My brother has a y580 which he and I both love and it is a good computer but my HP is lighter and has a smaller over all footprint which is nice for me because I need it alot for presentations.  

For those of you who still wish to hold on to the y500 I don't blame you because I fell in love with it and it broke my heart! However it was the abuser in the relationship and had to go haha.  Not to mention with the exception of Mark occasionally posting on here with random updates, Lenovo clearly doesn't care about anyone who bought this fautly product.

Best of luck to everyone out there while I enjoy this semester computing in style and with a problem free (synaptics) touchpad!

LOL, nice.  Good luck with your new laptop.  I'm riding this puppy to the ground.. hehe  

Options

67 Posts

12-06-2012

Seoul, Korea

439 Signins

2161 Page Views

• Views: 2161
  • Message 853 of 1132

2013-02-02, 22:03 PM

wrote:

Sir, thanks for all your posts at the forums!:smileyhappy: You deserve a cookie! I appreciate it!

I could try tapping with some copper, lets see if that works (altough, Ill try to use much less then the one shown on the pic o.o).

I forgot about your situation with the keyboard, I'll try to photograph my lap after taping it, to see if it hels (as i'm not having any problem with it as today).

Thanks for the kind words.  Please let us know how it goes with the tape but the most important part is to move the grounding point so it is directly onto the metal part of the chassis.  

Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Views: 851
  • Message 854 of 1132

2013-02-02, 22:41 PM
What is the exchange process like (for a 580) also, are you able to get it for the same price as the 500 or how does this all work

I have seen a few of you do it and just looking for more specifics-

Options

63 Posts

12-27-2012

USA

62 Signins

482 Page Views

• Views: 482
  • Message 855 of 1132

2013-02-03, 0:26 AM

wrote:

I received my Y500 yesterday(2/1/13), and unfortunately, I encountered the touchpad problem, as well as the keyboard problem, I heard that the USB 2.0 port has a conflict with the keyboard, so maybe disable that usb port in bios will do sth. But the touchpad really made me disappointed, it cannot work at all, the cursor was hovering all the time. 

Well, I think I received a defective y500, plan to get a replacement on Monday becasue I really like it. Now I wondering what to do if the replacement still has the same touchpad problem.

DO NOT GET A REPLACEMENT!  Return that puppy for a refund!

Options

63 Posts

12-27-2012

USA

62 Signins

482 Page Views

• Message 856 of 1132

2013-02-03, 0:30 AM

wrote:

I got the Envy dv7 -- and it is fabulous. Note -- use Windows Defender. It is much better than Norton with spyware! I switched from Norton today, and my computer is even faster!

Options

2 Posts

02-02-2013

Hoboken

5 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 857 of 1132

2013-02-03, 3:25 AM

wrote:

wrote:

I received my Y500 yesterday(2/1/13), and unfortunately, I encountered the touchpad problem, as well as the keyboard problem, I heard that the USB 2.0 port has a conflict with the keyboard, so maybe disable that usb port in bios will do sth. But the touchpad really made me disappointed, it cannot work at all, the cursor was hovering all the time. 

Well, I think I received a defective y500, plan to get a replacement on Monday becasue I really like it. Now I wondering what to do if the replacement still has the same touchpad problem.

DO NOT GET A REPLACEMENT!  Return that puppy for a refund!

I see, thanks for your advice, I should say goodbye to my y500.

Options

40 Posts

01-25-2013

Wichita

57 Signins

842 Page Views

• Views: 842
  • Message 858 of 1132

2013-02-03, 3:32 AM

Yes

Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Views: 851
  • Message 859 of 1132

2013-02-03, 14:49 PM

I just want my computer back already!!!! wahhh ;( haha

This will most certainly be my only lenovo purchase ever- close to 3 weeks of no computer because of their ignorance is not good, what is even worse is their inability to compromise on warrantee or any 'incentives' for me to stay as a customer-I cant even belive that they would not have seen this problem and began stocking replacement parts for this issue that they became aware of in november

let alone never talking to anyone onshore who would understand the problems and inconveniences and able to resolve a situation other than 'oo cant dew dat you numbas dont matta to me pwelase cawl dis nuwmba- have gwood day' and running around in circles with lenovo support just trying to get somewhere.  

I appologize for always ranting, however this is really out of hand and they truly abuse the system, our intelegence and think this an acceptable way to do business. 

Options

63 Posts

12-27-2012

USA

62 Signins

482 Page Views

• Message 860 of 1132

2013-02-04, 1:55 AM

wrote:

I just sent mine back today. The guy at post-sales told me it would take 48 hours from receipt to credit my account. Guess not. I was going to buy a Y580, but I don't think I can deal with Lenovo much longer.

It took mine two weeks to get the credit.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete