USA

8 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo P500 boot loop no screen

2015-02-19, 15:36 PM

Greetings,

I recently installed an SSD HD, restarted the system accessed bios and configured for legacy operating systems.   Once the laptop restarted it is now stuck in a boot loop.   The laptop is not posting or displaying any logo or information.  The backlit keyboard turns on and the fans spin up.  After 5-10 seconds the laptop restarts and does the same thing.  I removed the battery for 30 min to an hour and I am experianing the same issue.  If the AC addapter is unplugged the laptop still loops however there is a single beep before it restarts.  Is there a way to reset/clear the BIOS settings?  I did not see any jumper and the CMOS battery is soldered on.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Options

4 Posts

02-19-2015

USA

8 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo P500 boot loop no screen

2015-02-19, 17:15 PM

I've also removed the RAM sticks expecting a beep code or similar error however the results are the same.  I am rather confident if the BIOS settings are reset the system will boot as the issue started after modify a setting in BIOS.  I am unable to find a reset jumper and cannot remove the CMOS battery.   I also removed the battery, held the power button for 30 sec and attmpted to start, same issue.  Any sugestions?

Options

4 Posts

02-19-2015

USA

8 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo P500 boot loop no screen

2015-02-19, 17:18 PM

Also, I attmepted to use the NOVO button however this starts the laptop with the same issue.  HELP!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms