United States

8 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Y50-70: Battery Caused Wifi Problem

2015-06-20, 15:58 PM

Hello,

When my charger for the laptop is plugged in, it seems to somehow limit my internet access. This phenomenon seems rather new, as I havent noticed it for months, unless I somehow ignored it. When it's in, browsers process slow, or internet connection ceases; in short, i get very frustrated with the wifi/internet when it's in. When it's out, wifi is MUCH better and flows smoothly; perfectly fine

Does anyone know what the heck can be causing this problem?

Solved! See the solution
Options

7 Posts

06-20-2015

United States

8 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y50-70: Battery Caused Wifi Problem

2015-06-20, 16:04 PM

Now it's working fine all of the sudden after unplugging and replugging... -_- I dont understand.

Options

7 Posts

06-20-2015

United States

8 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2015-06-28, 17:49 PM

I still need help with this problem...

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 4 of 7

2015-06-28, 23:14 PM

wrote:

Hello,

When my charger for the laptop is plugged in, it seems to somehow limit my internet access. This phenomenon seems rather new, as I havent noticed it for months, unless I somehow ignored it. When it's in, browsers process slow, or internet connection ceases; in short, i get very frustrated with the wifi/internet when it's in. When it's out, wifi is MUCH better and flows smoothly; perfectly fine

Does anyone know what the heck can be causing this problem?

It is difficult to pinpoint the problem. However, one hint is the charger must be plugged in inorder for the internet acess to fail (wifi or ethrnet?). Could be a problem with the charger itself or the power circuit. Since it is now repaired by itself a possibility might be a capacitor in the power circuit. It might be defective. This defect might be temperature dependent so that it might behave defective at a certain temperature of the day and behave normally at another time. It's only a guess and as stated its difficult to troubleshoot.

Options

7 Posts

06-20-2015

United States

8 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2015-06-29, 2:00 AM

Thank you for replying! :)

So, when you talk about the circuit, do you mean the circuitry of my house, or the batter charger itself or the laptop itself? Should I request a new power coord and swap my old one with a new one, since my laptop still falls under warranty?

I spoke to my friend's family who are pretty smart with computers, and two said: "If the charger is emitting a high frequency noise, it will prevent the laptop from connecting. This is only possible however if the charger is charging (meaning using AC or DC electricity in any way."--"Laptop hardware is messed up, meaning the hardware is trying to charge your laptop and connect to the wifi through the same interrupt (same port)."

Reference # 8005115756  I spoke with Lenovo support about it and customer support just forwarded the issue to experts; that's the reference number.

Do you recommend that I just try to get a new charger and see if that fixes it? My laptop is pretty much unusuable in terms of browsing on the internet when it's plugged in. I could experiment to see what it does plugged in if i move into the room with the router, but I'm only a room away and it shouldnt make that much difference; besides, browsing works fine without the charger plugged in. I also haven't tried it plugged in at different locations yet, but I dont understand why it's having so much trouble when plugged in. 

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 6 of 7

2015-06-29, 2:24 AM

wrote:

Thank you for replying! :)

So, when you talk about the circuit, do you mean the circuitry of my house, or the batter charger itself or the laptop itself? Should I request a new power coord and swap my old one with a new one, since my laptop still falls under warranty?

I spoke to my friend's family who are pretty smart with computers, and two said: "If the charger is emitting a high frequency noise, it will prevent the laptop from connecting. This is only possible however if the charger is charging (meaning using AC or DC electricity in any way."--"Laptop hardware is messed up, meaning the hardware is trying to charge your laptop and connect to the wifi through the same interrupt (same port)."

Reference # 8005115756  I spoke with Lenovo support about it and customer support just forwarded the issue to experts; that's the reference number.

Do you recommend that I just try to get a new charger and see if that fixes it? My laptop is pretty much unusuable in terms of browsing on the internet when it's plugged in. I could experiment to see what it does plugged in if i move into the room with the router, but I'm only a room away and it shouldnt make that much difference; besides, browsing works fine without the charger plugged in. I also haven't tried it plugged in at different locations yet, but I dont understand why it's having so much trouble when plugged in. 

Scrima99 wrote: "...when you talk about the circuit, do you mean the circuitry of my house, or the batter charger itself or the laptop itself?"

Answer: The circuitry between your charger and the battery. See page 86 hardware maintenance manual or page 68 on how to remove the powerboard.

Since your laptop is still under warrantee it is better to let Lenovo do the repair/troubleshooting themselves.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

08-15-2018

BD

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 7 of 7

2018-08-15, 11:04 AM

Please watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThKOWkC26MA&t=10s

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete