11-25-2017

US

3 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Y50-70 Chargers/battery not working

2017-11-25, 1:47 AM

I have a Y50-70 laptiop that I purchased in 2015 that has been working well up until recently.

I've had the laptop mostly (Last 5-6 months) stay plugged in to use as a gaming computer. I've been using the "Conservation Mode" in Energy Manager and that has been working as intended.

Over the last year the cable on the included charger broke. (The cable was chewed in half courtesy of my friend's dog). We sought out to buy a replacement, to find that the exact model was not for sale. We then got a Lenovo charger of the same specifications.

I used that for around 4 months, and just two days ago I noticed that my computer was no longer charging. I wiggled around the cord to see if it was a connection error, and found that it would only charge in a certain position. I let my battery run out and the next day we tried again. I powered the computer on (Somehow it charged overnight) and then Energy Manager gave me an error of "The power adapter does not match up with the computer and cannot supply power". I figured it was a faulty connection becuase of the awkward way the cable had to be positioned.

I then tried a different Lenovo charger from a Yoga notebook (Same charger type, just lower power rating) and found that the battery would only charge while the computer was shut off.

I went to read on these forums and found a solution that involved removing the battery and holding the power button to "reset" the charge. That didn't work and only made the problem worse. Now, Energy Manager doesn't recognize that there is a battery in the computer (I made sure that it was connected) and doesn't show a charge meter.

The warranty on this computer (from Best Buy) has expired so there's no chance of a replacement. I know that others have had this problem and as far as I've seen no real answer has been given besides "Contact the manufacturer"

Help would be appreciated!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete