Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-11-2015

Finland

13 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y50-70: Making new partitions on the harddisk

2015-04-12, 1:43 AM

.Hello,
I have a question for the community.

The case scenario is that I would need to copy partitions over my old and broken laptop to the new Lenovo one.
I would be happy to create some new partitions I need to the new 1 TB HDD, but it seems that I hit the 4 primary partition limitation.

I could force the D:Lenovo partition to be located on a extented partition, but I expext trouble in a emergency recovery situation.

I could maybe install the old HDD as a secondary harddrive, but I dont trust on the reability on the old one no more. Neither do I know if my model of the Lenovo has internal space to mount a secondary HDD.

I could also buy a new SSD drive and mount it as a new system disk by raw copy the partitions from the original 1 TB HDD.
Blazing fast, but maybe not necessary or even possible?
Squeese the system partitions first and then cramp them into 250GB SSD?
Then again I'm not sure if there is an option to internaly use two drives at once and how it influences the recovery enviroment.

Just NOT to make it a walk in the park, I recently noticed that I use 70% off Linux on my time, so I need a dual OS bootup by GRUB, but first things first :) The partitioning...

Best regards for the community,
Petrus

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y50-70: Making new partitions on the harddisk

2015-04-12, 3:44 AM

So as not to keep on repeating the same ideas and guides over & over again try to read the pertenint info from this link.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms