Canada

10 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 erratic touchpad and keyboard buttons

2015-09-23, 14:11 PM

Wow you went through a lot of trouble.

With me, it was mainly the trackpad. They replaced the top cover of the trackpad which resolved the issue.

If your new KB and trackpad is exhibiting the same issue, I would suggest getting rid of it and get a new computer. The amount of time and money invested in fixing this just might not be worth it, to be honest.

An alternative would be that you send the laptop back to Lenovo and wait till they fix it for you. It will eliminate the faulty new part factor for you.

Goodluck.

Options

3 Posts

01-29-2016

Washington

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 12 of 14

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 UHD erratic touchpad

2016-01-29, 21:17 PM

I have noticed something regarding this issue. After playing with this problem (i.e. Pointer jumping around when touching the Synaptics Touchpad) for several days, I have noticed that it only does it sometimes. So, there must have been a variable causing this effect. Today, I figured it out. When the laptop is plugged in (y50-70 Touch with 860m GP) then the mouse becomes erratic. When un-plugged, it behaves perfectly. This generic response of "reinstalling the operating system" seems to be everyones solution to everything, always. It is NOT the install. It is NOT the driver (at least in my case). It has something to do with the current being sent through the board. I have not narrowed it down farther than that. I just realize that this is an electrical issue of some sort. I shouldn't have to investigate further. Indviduals who have purchased this model laptop spent good money (nothing to shake you head at either) to have a working product. Lenovo is a good company; but, something needs to be done about this issue and the customers need to be compensated in some way. Sending my laptop off for months is not a "working solution" for me. 

Moderator comment: Email address(es) removed to defeat spambots.

Options

3 Posts

01-29-2016

Washington

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Message 13 of 14

2016-01-29, 21:19 PM

Just remembered... I'm running Windows 10 Home x64 (Just thought I should include that so everyone knows which drivers I am using....Just in case someone else IS having a driver issue...) Thanks.

Options

3 Posts

01-29-2016

Washington

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Message 14 of 14

2016-01-29, 21:29 PM

I would like to post immediately to say I have figured out (at least my issue) regarding erratic touchpad behavior on y50-70 Touch with 860m. It seems to be some sort of electro-magentic interferece from something. Not sure what it is coming from but for anyone struggling with this problem - Try plugging it into another outlet away from your usual outlet (e.g. - somewhere else besides where you use the laptop most often when experiencing this problem.) Hope this helps.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete