Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-08-2015

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 21 of 23

Re: Lenovo Y510P - Crackling Sound

2015-01-08, 21:27 PM
Thank you for your suggested solution. I attempted your 6 step solution and it worked for me the first time at 95%. Others said to use 98% or 95% for both. I have only attempted your solution. Also, some other people have suggested removing and inserting again the battery. Appearantly, the switch can vibrate and make noise if it is not correctly locked into place. This made me curious and may look into this problem further. Please share your experience with this solution compared to the one that has already worked for me.
Options

10 Posts

04-12-2019

India

25 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 22 of 23

Re:Lenovo Y510P - Crackling Sound

2020-07-07, 3:50 AM

I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 which was purchased in September 2017. I have had no issues with the PC until recently when I updated the system to Windows 10 2004. After the upgrade, the screen would flicker and the PC would freeze up / hang, therefore, I went to Recovery and chose the option to ‘Go back to the previous version of Windows 10’. However, after that the screen continued to freeze up occasionally and the sound started popping and crackling. I updated the drivers to no avail, looked for solutions on the net, tried many option: 

- Disabling all sound effects in the enhancements tab in the speaker properties.

- Increasing/decreasing the bit-rate under "default format" in the advance tab in the speaker properties. 

- Disabling unused audio playback and recording devices.

- Downloading and installing the newest drivers for “Realtek High Definition Audio” and my video card.

- Updating to the latest version of windows 10.

- Checking latency issues using something like "LatencyMon". When run, it tells me "Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts."

- Using high performance mode in the power options.

Next, I downloaded Windows Recovery Media from Lenovo website, installed the same to USB drive and reinstalled the system so that I would have my Laptop back to the factory setting. To my surprise after finishing the process and when Windows 10 comes on for the setup of Windows 10 options, Cortana came on to guide through the setup process and the sound was terrible, with lots of crackling and popping. This was even before any update, so it was with the original drivers that were installed via the recovery media. So, what it broken, is hardware or software?

I have since updated Windows 10 to version 1909, fortunately the screen is not flickering, however, the sound is terrible, with crackling and popping. I have once again tried all trouble shooting options that I could, also the ones suggested on your forums, unsuccessfully.

Please suggest a solution!

Options

3 Posts

08-09-2020

Afghanistan

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 23 of 23

Re:Lenovo Y510P - Crackling Sound

2020-08-09, 22:04 PM

I HAVE FOUND AN EASY AND DEFINITIVE SOLUTION FOR MY LEGION Y540-15IRH!

1. Open the "Microsoft Store".
  2. Search and install the "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" app.
  3. Launch the app and go to the "Performance" tab.
  4. Disable "Link Power Management" and restart your computer.
  5. Audio should be fixed right now!

This solution I found worked flawlessly on my machine. I'm so happy right now. If you can't open the app or see the "Link Power Management" option, try installing the "Intel Rapid Storage" drivers from Intel's website. I believe you can disable this feature from the drivers too, without the app, but using the app is a faster solution. In any case, you can be sure this sound issue is related to the "Link Power Management" feature from Intel's Rapid Storage drivers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms