04-10-2018

GB

1 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y510p Replacement Case

2018-04-10, 17:10 PM

I have owned a Lenovo Y510p for a few years and dont get me wrong I do love the laptop. However the build quality of the case is perhaps a bit of an issue. To be fair the laptop has travelled with me across europe many times and does get the odd knock. I have in many cases managed to glue the cracks and other issue in place but the case is now so bad ideally it needs to be replaced.

I was wondering what my options are in this case and how much it would cost me. I cannot in my heart look to throw the machine away when it works fine just because the bottom case is broken.

Options

10394 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6848 Signins

732809 Page Views

• Views: 732809
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y510p Replacement Case

2018-04-10, 17:42 PM

Hi Redscope,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Ideally a sevice center should be able to replace the bottom cover but if you have the tools to do it then here is the hardware manual as a guide for disassembly. 

Here is also the article guide for searching the specific part number you need and how to order.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save