Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-13-2017

Slovenia

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y510p endless boot loop

2017-01-13, 12:28 PM

Hi, i have a Lenovo Ideapad Y510p for about 3 years now. Never had any problems, but today upon returning to my computer, i tried to boot it up, pressing the on button, but nothnig happened. Then i unpluged the charging cable and the computer seem to start up, it brought up the Lenovo logo, then it went straight to Novo button menu, and then everything went black and the computer started booting up on lenovo logo and back to the novo button menu, and it goes on and on, and nothing changes. I had one  chance in the novo button menu, to press Normal startup, and it brought up the automatic repair, and then again it went into the loop cycle again... And the second i connect the power cable to the computer it just shuts down, and doesn't turn on. Have no idea where to start or how to fix this.

Options

4 Posts

01-15-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y510p endless boot loop

2017-01-15, 20:55 PM
I've had this issue crop up once or twice. The most recent boot loop, unfortunately, was only fixed with a full refresh. This preserves all your files, though everything else is wiped clean-- programs, OS updates, etc.
Options

571 Posts

07-07-2014

Philippines

314 Signins

10362 Page Views

• Views: 10362
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y510p endless boot loop

2017-01-25, 17:37 PM

Hi  Asdfghjklmnopr,

The system shutting off when the ac adapter is connected is not a good indication. It looks like its shorting the motherboard, I would recommend using a different ac adapter to test. As for the system doing a boot loop, can you try getting into the BIOS and do a BIOS reload, just press FN+F9 and load optimal defaults, then press FN + F10 to save and exit.

Hope this works. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms