Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

09-16-2014

the Netherlands

42 Signins

233 Page Views

• Views: 233
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y740-15IRHg working well with Intel AX210 WiFi

2021-06-03, 10:37 AM

This post is to document that a Lenovo Legion Y740-15IRHg is working well with an Intel AX210 WiFi card installed.

Like most Legion Y740 notebooks, mine came with the Killer WiFi card, which never performed well.

At some point, whenever the notebook returned from hibernation, the WiFi would be off. I had to go into the Device Manager to disable the device, wait a few seconds, and to then enable it again, for it to start working.

Some time after this started happening, I started getting bluescreens and the notebook then refused to even turn on! Initially I thought the notebook had died. I then remembered the recent erratic behavior of the network card. When I took the WiFi card out, the notebook returned to normal operation.

I then ordered a new Intel AX210 based WiFi card. Specifically, I ordered this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PBRRL9Z/

I chose this one because, according to the description, it fits a Key A or Key E socket, and it has the Lenovo FRU P/N 5W10V25784 (not at all sure this is required, but it made me feel more secure about buying this particular one).

Installed this card instead of the Killer WiFi card, and has been working great ever since.

Unlike an earlier experience, I did not experience any issue with a BIOS whitelist or other incompatibility issues.

Please note that as I do not (yet) own an AX capable router, my experience using this card is with AC. As such, it works well and reliably.

I hope this helps others interested in upgrading their Lenovo Legion Y740 with a more reliable WiFi card.

dutchie11

Options

3705 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

627 Signins

26240 Page Views

• Views: 26240
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo Y740-15IRHg working well with Intel AX210 WiFi

2021-06-04, 18:44 PM

Hello @dutchie11,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm glad you shared this with the community.

Surely other members with the same machine would appreciate the information.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

9 Posts

09-16-2014

the Netherlands

42 Signins

233 Page Views

• Views: 233
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo Y740-15IRHg working well with Intel AX210 WiFi

2021-06-06, 7:51 AM

Thank you @Jack_Lenovo1! I would give kudos to your reply but I cannot seem to click on the "thumbs up" icon next to your reply. I tried in Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

dutchie11

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms