02-23-2016

Pflugerville, TX

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z50-75 Hard Drive Drivers not Working

2016-02-23, 3:55 AM

I have recently wiped my hard drive in hopes of fixing the windows 10 sleep issue.  On the drivers page for my laptop, there were no storage drivers so I could not install a fresh copy of windows.  I have decided to downgrade to windows 7 home professional x64 so that this issue does not happen again, however, I cannot find a working driver that will work on my laptop to recognise my Hard Drive.  I have a working product key, so verifying it is not an issue.  The only issue is finding a working driver that will allow win7 installation to recognise my hard drive

Hard Drive Specs:

Model: ST10000LM024

HDD P/N: HN-M101MBB/LC2

Any help finding a driver that works would be greatly appreciated.

Options

7712 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76831 Signins

2153508 Page Views

• Views: 2153508
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z50-75 Hard Drive Drivers not Working

2016-02-23, 5:03 AM

Hello and welcome,

Why do you think you need a driver? Are you getting an error message during the install attempt?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

3 Posts

02-23-2016

Pflugerville, TX

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2016-02-23, 13:09 PM
When I get to the select where to install Windows, my hard drive doesn't show up. There is an option to install a driver, which I assume will make my hard drive show up on places to install windows.
Options

7712 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76831 Signins

2153508 Page Views

• Views: 2153508
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-02-23, 15:36 PM

So no complaint about not being able to install to a GPT or MBR drive, just nothing showing?

Don't know for sure what's up but you could try cleaning the drive.

When you first fire up the install hit SHIFT+F10 to bring up a command window.  Run DISKPART.  List disk, select disk, clean. Then exit and let the install continue.  If the drive still doesn't show up exit the installer and run it again normally w/out running DISKPART.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

3 Posts

02-23-2016

Pflugerville, TX

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2016-02-23, 23:28 PM

wrote:

So no complaint about not being able to install to a GPT or MBR drive, just nothing showing?

Don't know for sure what's up but you could try cleaning the drive.

When you first fire up the install hit SHIFT+F10 to bring up a command window.  Run DISKPART.  List disk, select disk, clean. Then exit and let the install continue.  If the drive still doesn't show up exit the installer and run it again normally w/out running DISKPART.

Z.

I tried doing this, but my command propt won't led me get into the diskpart menu.  The correct output shows up, but the part where it normally shows sources> does not change.  Also, when I get to the selection of where to intall windows, no spot to install it shows up, and all drivers that I have tried to load either aren't recognized, or don't recognize my hard drive, so no install location pops up.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save