Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-12-2021

Italy

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo g505s blue tint

2021-04-12, 22:58 PM

One day my screen got an blue tint 

So first time I booted my laptop the lenovo logo was having a good color but the screen started flickering for no reasons. Entered I Windows the flickering stopped but my screen got blue so I restarted the laptop and now even the BIOS got a blue tint 

1)When I got these issues I replaced my hard disk whit no driver of the laptop so that might be the problem?

2) I already replaced LCD cable and I have tried it whit another LCD screen and got same issue that screen got green 

So I looked my motherboard and I noticed that the cable have like two pin that is missing but this it's also in the other cable that I replaced so I need help

3) if I connect to a external monitor it's work perfectly

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Answer
Options

2 Posts

04-12-2021

Italy

4 Signins

15 Page Views

Re:Lenovo g505s blue tint

2021-04-15, 8:27 AM

Thanks for the response 

I looked in Lenovo parts category I I found the same cable even in internet but he have two missing pin in all images so it might be the wrong bios or wrong gpu driver?

Replies(2)
Options

1911 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

118 Signins

11005 Page Views

• Views: 11005
  • Message 2 of 3

2021-04-13, 21:35 PM

Hello Lenovo g505s,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I just want to confirm if the pin affected is with those soldered on the port, or just the LCD cable?

You may look for the cable you need in the parts look up site. Once on the parts look up site, you may enter the machine serial number, go to the Parts tab, click on either Model/Compatible then filter the Commodity dropdown to LCD cables or cable.

I hope this helps.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Answer
Options

2 Posts

04-12-2021

Italy

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2021-04-15, 8:27 AM

Thanks for the response 

I looked in Lenovo parts category I I found the same cable even in internet but he have two missing pin in all images so it might be the wrong bios or wrong gpu driver?

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms