NO

128 Signins

854 Page Views

• Views: 854
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo y 70 70 T Mirophone driver ridiculous problem

2019-09-01, 12:39 PM

Hello,

I have a super annoying and strange problem with my laptop Lenovo y 70 70 T which has been going on for 4(yes - four) years..

So, depending on the audio driver choice, my microphone will be picked up by only half of the programs

1)If I use Microsoft generic Audio driver - HD AUDIO and disable driver updates, my microphone works in programs like Steam, Skype, Google, Windows itself, WeChat, Telegram Calls

It will NOT work in Discord, Viber, Telegram Audio messages for desktop

2)If I use official customized Lenovo Realtek driver laptops and netbooks :: lenovo y series laptops :: y70 70 touch notebook lenovo Lenovo PC Support - US

or Latest realtek audio driver from Microsoft catalogue:

Microphone works in Windows, Discord, Viber, Google

It will NOT work in Skype, Steam, Telegram

Now, just to give you an update of what I have tried over the years:

Complete re-installation of all possible drivers, with deleting all driver data, trying Lenovo, Realtek drivers , HD audio, around 30 types of various REaltek drivers.

- Tried complete windows reinstall(formatting all discs)

-All possible combinations of sound settings, configuring speech recognition, Exclusive mode, ANYTHING you can think about really - the result is always as described above

Right now I installed the latest Realtek Driver form Windows catalogue - the result is analogue to that provided by custom lenovo driver: works in Discord, Viber, Google, Windows(cortana for ex) but does now rok in Skype, Steam etc

When I say the mic does not work, I mean it is seen and showed as working properly, but the sound is just not picked up. Sometimes I will hear some cracking if I test it but that is it.

Goes without saying I have tried Disabling microphone effects in realtek as well.

So, I beg someone to help me, I am so fed up with this and have probably spent over 100 hours trying to fix it in total. Help!

P.S. i have concated lenovo support when my laptop was still on warranty and they refused to fix it, just FYI.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete