Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

10-14-2019

Egypt

10 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y50-70 black screen problem

2021-03-30, 11:30 AM

Hello everyone 

I have a problem with my laptop when i close the lid and open it again it goes balck and sometimes it just goes balck without closing the screen but everything still works 

Iam setting what closing the lid does to (do  nothing) i send it to be fixed and just got it back he told me that the problem is not hardware its software the closing the lid setting is now (sleep) and it works fine but when i tried to get it back to (do nothing) the screen is turning balck again

Did anyone face this problem and

managed to slove it

Answer
Options

2403 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

153 Signins

13906 Page Views

• Views: 13906

Re:Lenovo y50-70 black screen problem

2021-03-30, 13:04 PM

Hello mido202,

Greetings.

Thanks for posting in the Community boards.

You may try to update the drivers from the support site. On the support page, enter your machine serial number or the complete machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK), go to Drivers and Software tab, click on the Manual Update, proceed to update the display drivers.

On the same site, try to check if the current BIOS version of your machine matches the BIOS version uploaded on the support page. Let us know if your BIOS version matches or not.

Update us once convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(3)
Answer
Options

2403 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

153 Signins

13906 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2021-03-30, 13:04 PM

Hello mido202,

Greetings.

Thanks for posting in the Community boards.

You may try to update the drivers from the support site. On the support page, enter your machine serial number or the complete machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK), go to Drivers and Software tab, click on the Manual Update, proceed to update the display drivers.

On the same site, try to check if the current BIOS version of your machine matches the BIOS version uploaded on the support page. Let us know if your BIOS version matches or not.

Update us once convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

10-14-2019

Egypt

10 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-30, 23:05 PM

firstly: thank you for your reply

i did check my bios version it was a match with the latest version

then i updated my geforce driver and it works fine now

so thank you again

Options

2403 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

153 Signins

13906 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-03-31, 13:00 PM

Hi mido202,

That's good to know. If you need any help some time in the future, don't hesitate to start a new post in the community board.

'Til next time.
Dex_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms