Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-05-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo z50-75 difficulty reinstalling Windows 10

2019-07-05, 23:22 PM

Hi all,

I have been running Ubuntu for a little while now, but want to migrate back to Windows. I have created an installation USB using both the Windows 10 version available directly from Microsoft and using the Windows Media Creation Tool (from an old tablet), but haven't had any success with either.

The problem appears to arise when booting to the USB. I am able to select 'Boot to USB' from the Boot Menu, however, when trying to load into the installer my computer hangs on the Lenovo splash screen for around 10 minutes and then follows the default boot protocol - straight back into Ubuntu.

Uncertain of how to proceed as i cannot get past the splash screen and its spinnning wheel. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreicated!

Options

5564 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

920 Signins

28344 Page Views

• Views: 28344
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo z50-75 difficulty reinstalling Windows 10

2019-08-06, 17:08 PM

Hi Koberon! Welcome to our forums community. Just want you to know that the model is not compatible to run Linux OS. You can check the list of Lenovo devices compatible to run Linux here: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/pd031426.

The Windows 10 from a different device will not be activated on your computer should it boot properly. Try booting to BIOS and check if the HDD is detected. if yes, reset the settings. Once you are in the BIOS page, go to the Exit Tab > Choose Load default settings > Hit the Enter Key > Choose Yes. After that, still in the Exit Tab > Choose Exit saving changes.

BIOS: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht500216

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms