Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-24-2013

California

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 9

Mouse and Keyboard input delay/lag on Y410P

2013-10-24, 8:50 AM

Hi.

So as the title states, I'm having a problem with mouse/keyboard input.  Occasionally (usually if I'm doing something that puts the CPU under load, not necessarily full load, but under load.), my keyboard and mouse will get this delay where if I press a key or press a mouse button, the computer doesn't seem to register it until a second or two later.  It will normally happen now and again in short bursts, not really something that happens consistently and continuously for a long and extended period of time.

(Okay, so I'm gonna put the problem into a small list, since it's a little easier for me this way)

>Pressing a button on the keyboard or mouse, the computer will not do anything with the input until a second or two later.  Example: Pressing forward, backward, then side-strafe in a game will cause it to not register for a second or two, then I'll move forward, backward, then sideways after that 1-2 seconds.  Typing in something like Trillian will cause it to register the first few keystrokes slowly, and then suddenly type everything out in a quick burst.

>Sometimes, if I press a button quickly and not for an extended period of time, the computer will act as if I held it down for several seconds once it registers.

>If I press enough buttons while the delay is still going or if the keystrokes are starting to register, the computer beeps.

I've got filter keys, sticky keys, and bounce keys turned off completely with no way to activate them except manually in the control panel, but the problems are still present.  I use both an external keyboard, and the on-board keyboard separately, but the problem is still present in both cases.  The computer isn't really particularly lagging when it happens, just under some amount of load from a game or from something as small as having a few tabs up in Chrome and chatting on Trillian.  If one of my games is up with nothing else up in the background, the input delay will still happen at the same frequency as it would if I had other random background program up.  I hear it's supposedly due to the fact that the computer is purposely slowing down mouse/keyboard input in order to either save CPU or to save power.  If that's true, is there a way to disable that?

Is there a way to get rid of this delay/lag?  

Thanks.  

Tell me if there's any additional information you need.

Options

3 Posts

10-24-2013

California

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Mouse and Keyboard input delay/lag on Y410P

2013-10-25, 7:31 AM

Bump

Options

7 Posts

11-19-2014

Estonia

13 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 3 of 9

2014-12-15, 20:14 PM

The topic is old, but i have the same issue on my Lenovo X1 Carbon. Did you find a solution for it? I already had Graphics cards issues which went away after the motherboard got replaced by warranty but that issue still remained.

Options

3641 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2560 Signins

40439 Page Views

• Views: 40439
  • Message 4 of 9

2014-12-15, 20:18 PM

Cannot say for sure, but sometimes input delay can be due to a virus.

How much CPU, memory usage do you see in your Task Manager without doing anything (or maybe using only Chrome)

What are your system specs?

One way to make sure that there is something wrong with the software and not the hardware is to completely reset the system and do a fresh windows.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Options

7 Posts

11-19-2014

Estonia

13 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2014-12-15, 20:41 PM

I had windows 7 pro 64-bit preinstalled and the issue already occured then. I then updated the drivers through lenovo update software and it still occured. Later on when i noticed GPU, fingerprint reader and the brightness changin not working also on some occasions, i upgraded it to Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. The issues still stayed. I have tried different drivers with both of those OS-es also but still nothing. Memory use is nominal and CPU doesn't show any major increase. It randomly happens when opening an app or a new page in a new tab in Chrome for example. I don't have any cpu-eating software running either. I just thought that maybe it is a common issue and there is an easy fix for it ..

Options

3641 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2560 Signins

40439 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2014-12-15, 20:47 PM

First of all, upgrading OS does not solve problems like this.

1) Did you perform a system recovery / reset? - - - This is recommended to make sure that it is not a software problem or a Virus. Upgrading an OS does not delete the virus from the system. Press the NOVO button and reset your system, Be careful since you will lose all personal data, so take a backup first to an external drive.

2) Does your system have an SSD drive? (It could be faulty)

- - - Remove  SSD and try to run the system. (only if you are comfortable with laptop hardware otherwise you may need professional assistance.) IMO this is easy to do.

3) Your HDD could be failing, do you hear any clicking noise from laptop when accessing files?

4) Your RAM could be BAD, which is delaying the response you get from the laptop.

- - - Only way to check this is if you have 2 RAM sticks in the laptop, test with one and then the other.

If you have spare RAM from a friend, try using that.

There is no sure way of telling what the problem could be. We need to isolate the reasons one by one.

If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Options

7 Posts

11-19-2014

Estonia

13 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2014-12-15, 21:38 PM

Hello again and thank you for your response.

i actually didn't mean a direct upgrade - all the previous configuration was removed and a completely new OS (8.1 pro) was installed from the DVD-s that were included with the laptop.

It has a 512GB SSD drive and i can't mess around with it because it has 3year on-site warranty, but it is hard to reproduce this issue randomly to show the guy that comes to fix it.

I would test the components myself (i am a system administrator so different computers are not out of my area), but, as you know, the warranty. The computer is only a month old and it's the Lenovo X1 Carbon 2014 with the 4G LTE modem integrated (i only said that it's the X1 Carbon before).

I guess i will start perfmon and wait for the issue to show up again and see if there are any anomalies.

Options

3641 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2560 Signins

40439 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2014-12-15, 22:18 PM

well, its a new machine, so I guess the best way is to get it repaired from warranty once you have performed your own diagnosis.

Since, you already did a clean install, its most probably a hardware fault or maybe a loose connection. Harder to fix than a software problem but you are an admin, so you know.

I am facing my own problem with the keyboard of Y510p and going to open it tonight to see if I can fix it.

Options

5 Posts

09-13-2016

Viet Nam

3 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 9 of 9

2016-09-13, 2:38 AM

I solved this error by BIOS upgrade from DOS (BIOS Bootable CD)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms