Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-17-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Mouse and touchpad not working

2021-04-17, 15:35 PM

Hi there!!

Lenovo z580 ideapad, Mouse and touchpad stopped working today.

In the drivers, the error "failed to load the driver of this device, code 39" Lenovo Pointing Device and HID-mouse. Tried wired and wireless working mouse, doesn't work.

I tried to find the driver, but I couldn't find it for win10.  My version of driver "synaptics 19.0.9.5".

Installed the old version from the site to win8.1 - 16.3.4.0  - nothing change. 

There have been no recent Windows updates or software installations.

I don’t know what to do, it’s very unpleasant without a mouse and touchpad:(

Windows 10 1909 18363.1316. 

I would be very grateful if someone could help where to go?

Answer
Options

2 Posts

04-17-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

Re:Mouse and touchpad not working

2021-04-19, 18:09 PM
Hello @Dex_Lenovo Solved the problem by installing last windows updates, thanks for the help!

Replies(3)
Options

2514 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

159 Signins

14506 Page Views

• Views: 14506
  • Message 2 of 4

2021-04-19, 14:06 PM

Hello moroak,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for initiating a post here in Community.

I might advise checking on the current BIOS version of the machine first. Check if your machine's BIOS version matches the recommended BIOS version uploaded on the support site.

If these versions match, try to follow the troubleshooting steps.

On the support page, enter your machine serial number to load the correct drivers. Go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual Update and check for the mouse drivers. Proceed with the installation process. Restart the machine and check the mouse.

On the same page of support site, you will see the BIOS/UEFI drivers to check-compare.

If the touchpad is not working, these are steps you may try.

1. Press Fn+F6 or F6 to enable the touchpad.
2. We need to determine if Tablet mode is currently ON. Touchpad will not work if tablet mode is enabled. We can easily identify if machine is on tablet mode, tiles and start menu is occupying the whole computer screen.
3. We may need to check if the touchpad is disabled and if it's still visible in the system tray. (Use an external mouse or if machine is touchscreen capable).
4. If touchpad icon is still visible and it has a red X on it. Right click on the icon and select Properties.
5. Enable the touchpad and check if issue is resolved.

Perform BIOS defaults:

1. Perform power cycle: shutdown the machine, disconnect all external/peripheral devices (external mouse, keyboard, flashdrives, etc.), press and hold down the power button for 30-45 seconds to drain flea power.
2. Access the Novo button (a tiny pinhole with a U-turn arrow icon next to it) to turn on the device, the Novo menu will be shown in the screen. Navigate and select BIOS Set Up.
3. Navigate using the arrow keys to select the EXIT menu.
4. Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
5. Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter. Your computer will start up.

Update us when convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Answer
Options

2 Posts

04-17-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2021-04-19, 18:09 PM
Hello @Dex_Lenovo Solved the problem by installing last windows updates, thanks for the help!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2514 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

159 Signins

14506 Page Views

• Views: 14506
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-19, 20:38 PM

Hi moroak,

You're welcome. Good to know that Windows update helped. If you need assistance some time in the future, feel free to initiate a post in the boards.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)